Trade Agenoria 08

Simon Varnam

First thing that sticks out in the photo:-

Why is the cab roof way higher than the bonnet?

The shape of the cab roof does not look right either.

The photo is too poor to comment much further than that

Simon

Simon Varnam

From the second link that Cynric posted the bonnet area looks like a total dogs dinner particularly around the area where the radius gets sharp

Simon

28ten

Guv'nor
I just thought I was missing something the first time i looked at it :))
The strange thing is that their little steam locos are usually quite good.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
I just thought I was missing something the first time i looked at it :))
The strange thing is that their little steam locos are usually quite good.

The earlier steam engines - (upto Model 42 - Henry Cort) all great to build, were designed by Pete Stamper who sold the range to the present owner - Mike Williams, last year, so anything after Model 42 is by the new owner.

cheers

Mike

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
I looked at this at Kettering and I couldn't quite work out what I didn't like about it. As for price, it needs to include everything as otherwise it's MMP all the way.

adrian

Flying Squad
The earlier steam engines - (upto Model 42 - Henry Cort) all great to build, were designed by Pete Stamper who sold the range to the present owner - Mike Williams, last year, so anything after Model 42 is by the new owner.
Would that be same Mike Williams of College Models?

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Oh it most certainly is.

College models was on my list of 'don't go anywhere near', and the new Agenoria products have joined them.

Richard

adrian

Flying Squad
Oh it most certainly is.
College models was on my list of 'don't go anywhere near', and the new Agenoria products have joined them.
Well I'm glad you said it, some of my comments may well have got the forum shut down!! All I will say is I concur.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
I saw it too at Kettering, only thing I'd say is, that the builder should not be a reflection on the kit, anyone can make a hash of the best of kits, and some gifted people can make a gem out of a poor kit. Not sure on the cab roof profile but its clear to see it has not been formed to the same profile as the end sheet, the bonnet tops have also been poorly formed, overall the model looked like a rushed build (steps not straight, sandbox on the sqewiff and generally not put together that well IMHO) when compared to the Jinty next to it, agreed not good for a sales promotion as I'm sure it'll put a few off. Looking closely I think if the bonnet and cab roof was formed correctly and sat down on the body in the correct manner then it might resolve some visual issues.

Image1.jpg

Kindest

28ten

Guv'nor
Wasn't my intention to degrade the product, just observations, didn't know about the other thread, sorry.

Kindest
You are right it is hard to judge a model when it is badly built (and that does look poor for a demo)
I take it that nobody here will be buying one :))