Alan's O Gauge Workbench

nascar24

Hi all of you,

Not been on for a long time and slowly getting back to it, some photos attached of a Peter Clark Cl 205 finally getting it painted also doing a Heljan Class 37 body using a Shawplan roof fan grille to be 37116 in LLB.
The Class 50 is the usual Parkins one which I retro built to original format with smoke lights etc

Cheers

Al.

Attachments

• cl 205  a   rs.jpg
    cl 205 a rs.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 77
  • class 205   b   rs.jpg
    class 205 b rs.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 76
  • heljan 37   a   rs.jpg
    heljan 37 a rs.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Heljan class 37    b   rs.jpg
    Heljan class 37 b rs.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 77
  • class 50 on windo shelf c   rs.jpg
    class 50 on windo shelf c rs.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 80

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Some really nice work Al..........especially impressed with the Class 50, not the easiest kit to build I would imagine :bowdown: , was the body pre-formed or did you do it yourself ?

Cheers Phill :thumbs:

nascar24

Some really nice work Al..........especially impressed with the Class 50, not the easiest kit to build I would imagine :bowdown: , was the body pre-formed or did you do it yourself ?

Cheers Phill :thumbs:
Hi Phill,

It was a flat formed kit by W&C for the rebuilt 50 its just that I unrebuilt it with rheostatic brake louvres in roof, sandboxes etc and yes I rolled it myself. They are all very similar that range and bit dated now but still popular especially on Ebay it seems. I wonder how many Cl 50 kits JLTRT have sold?

Cheers

Al.

nascar24

Excellent work Al. I rather fancy a 205 myself at some point.

Regards

Dan
Dan,

Not too happy with the roof which had a series of "flats" across it as it is sort of half etched on the inside but am getting there. Also I have removed the full height filter panel on the DMBS which would have been nice if it had resembled a fine mesh as per prototype but will probably just try and find a finer mesh to put there. Originally it would have louvres and Peter Clark is going to produce an etch for this later this year.

Regards

Al.

nascar24

class 50 b   rs.jpgclass 50 d   rs.jpgclass 50 e   rs.jpg class 50 a   rs.jpg
The Hoover does look good - just need another one now to lash up double head those Pre-Electrification WCML Expresses over Shap, now..!!!;)

... and you guys who take razor saws and knives to Heljan locos are SO brave...!! (or just a lot more confidant than me!!) :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Jordan,

Just think of it as a Lima 33, same thing made of plastic. I will get round to my 33 eventually as I want to retro the roof to original exhaust layout. Was sent a photo recently of all green 33 with later exhaust layout pulling Bulleid stock in 1967.More Cl 50 photos below.

Alclass 50 a   rs.jpgclass 50 b   rs.jpgclass 50 d   rs.jpgclass 50 e   rs.jpg

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Hoover looks absolutely superb:thumbs: Best job I've seen made from that kit, you should contact PRMRP as they still market that kit but its under their name now but I believe its unchanged, they'll probably put your pictures on their website (obviously with your permission 1st) Excellent job though;)
Ross....:D

nascar24

Hoover looks absolutely superb:thumbs: Best job I've seen made from that kit, you should contact PRMRP as they still market that kit but its under their name now but I believe its unchanged, they'll probably put your pictures on their website (obviously with your permission 1st) Excellent job though;)
Ross....:D
Ross,

Yes I do know Pete, its just that I havent done any modelling for sometime now. Actually in Colin Marsden's MRIllustrated series for the Class 47, Pete has used one of my models on his advert also one of my Cl 81's for that issue
Thanks for the comments

Al.

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Not too happy with the roof which had a series of "flats" across it as it is sort of half etched on the inside but am getting there. Also I have removed the full height filter panel on the DMBS which would have been nice if it had resembled a fine mesh as per prototype but will probably just try and find a finer mesh to put there. Originally it would have louvres and Peter Clark is going to produce an etch for this later this year.

Regards

Al.

Thanks for the tip-off Al. Out of interest, is the roof integral with the sides or a separate unit?

Regards

Dan

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Ross,

Yes I do know Pete, its just that I havent done any modelling for sometime now. Actually in Colin Marsden's MRIllustrated series for the Class 47, Pete has used one of my models on his advert also one of my Cl 81's for that issue
Thanks for the comments

Al.
Can we see them pls

nascar24

Can we see them pls
Here are the class 47s North Star as previously mentioned in Pete's advert which I built some ten years ago plus one of my own D1922 finished last year and snapped up by a fellow 7mm Southern modeller. The Cl 81s I also built sometime ago

Al

Attachments

• D1661 conduits  4.jpg
    D1661 conduits 4.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 35
  • D1661  2.jpg
    D1661 2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 36
  • D1922  a rs.jpg
    D1922 a rs.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 37
  • E3013.jpg
    E3013.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 38
  • E3014 roof detail.jpg
    E3014 roof detail.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 39

nascar24

Hi Alan,

How's things?

Nice work - sorry I missed it until now.

I have the shawplan roof fan kit for the 37, as you say, it's like another 33/just a plastic loco body, I hope to get some PHD etches sometime too, augmented with some of the MMP details for 37 and then PHD the HYMEKS.....

ATVB

CME
Hi Martyn,

Well "things" are much as we have discussed before, the TIA's dont help balance wise but I just carry on as best I can. Here are some photos of the Heljan 37 with etch from Shawplan

Regards

Al

Attachments

• Shawplan 37 roof fan grille etch  rs.jpg
    Shawplan 37 roof fan grille etch rs.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 37116  ad  rs.jpg
    37116 ad rs.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 37116 weathered  rs  2.jpg
    37116 weathered rs 2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 37

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
There are not too many AC Electric loco's about I remember seeing an 86 and an87 but not an 81 got any more pictures of it

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Hi Alan,

I know the feeling:rolleyes::shit:;):):)

I really enjoying seeing your work - you turn out some cracking models and make a superb job of the old RJH kits - inspirational:bowdown::thumbs:

All the very best.

CME.

I'd like to second that one! Seen a lot of "hash job's" made of these kits but this proves that if you are willing to put the work in you can achieve outstanding results:thumbs::thumbs:
Ross....;)