Prototype All in a days work

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
The best bit is when she was departing and smothering the peeps (who also blithely walked in front of you earlier I noticed) in steam spoiling their pictures/films.....;)

Are we sure at 0:53 the electric sound is not emenating from Flying Scotsman after which the operator hit F1 to turn on the steam sound :)) :D :))

BTW - I've always liked the Witte smoke deflectors on the A3s - makes the loco look complete.

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
Good morning everyone I’m sorry it’s been so long since I last posted but a few distractions at home resulted in a bit of lost mojo for most things. Anyway here’s some photos from the last couple of weeks.

Lime street’s retired signal box, I’ve been taking quite a few photos of this bit that will be revealed why shortly.
IMG_7400.jpeg
IMG_7399.jpeg

Cl56089 at Wavertree
IMG_6919.jpeg
Cl60076IMG_6909.jpeg

And how many train crew can you fit in the back cab of a 185? At least 9!!!!
IMG_6951.jpeg

Not the photos sorry but I will start taking more again once I’m back off my long weekend.

Paul

paulcarms

Good morning everyone I’m sorry it’s been so long since I last posted but a few distractions at home resulted in a bit of lost mojo for most things. Anyway here’s some photos from the last couple of weeks.

Lime street’s retired signal box, I’ve been taking quite a few photos of this bit that will be revealed why shortly.
View attachment 194970
View attachment 194969

Cl56089 at Wavertree
View attachment 194971
Cl60076View attachment 194972

And how many train crew can you fit in the back cab of a 185? At least 9!!!!
View attachment 194973

Not the photos sorry but I will start taking more again once I’m back off my long weekend.

Paul
Welcome back. Your contribution has been missed

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
Just caught up with some of your earlier stuff, Paul. That on 60103 was very interesting to me. It is now kept in 'straight out of the box' condition. A far cry from when I first saw it on the old GC line at Leicester in the 1950's - first in the short-lived BR Blue and then in the green livery as you saw it at York, but much dirtier! It was transferred to Grantham (35B) after a fair spell at Leicester Central (38C). I last saw in in BR service at Leeds Central - the original LNER station, I'm not sure if that was it's proper title. It was in immaculate condition, looking as though it had been recently shopped. At that time it was allocated to 'Top Shed', aka 34A.

Thanks for bringing back memories of steam at it's best for me.

Roger.

PjKing1

Western Thunderer
Once again apologies for the lack of updates, things haven’t been good at home so railway mojo has been an all time low although being in work has kept me going and is an escapism from everyday home life. Although I haven’t taken many here’s some photos I’ve taken over the last couple of months.

Calder Valley
FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_7854.jpeg
IMG_7851.jpeg

Chat Moss
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Leeds
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Crossing the Pennines
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Miles Platting