Al's late 80's/early 90's 7mm work bench

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Excellent weathering of the bodies.

Shoal of Turbots off the WB this evening. Booked on a trip to Cam's WB for final airbrushing to bring everything together and three Catfish now return to the WB for finishing.

I presume for the final weathering of the trucks, wheels, underframes and buffers?

Al Tait

Western Thunderer
Excellent weathering of the bodies.

I presume for the final weathering of the trucks, wheels, underframes and buffers?

Yep, much easier to give to Cam for a final blow over with the airbrush!

Tonight's progress, two more HEA's started, rubbed back the red and logo's with 400grit sand paper:

3600067.jpg

360204.jpg

360204A.jpg

Also made a start on my CAR brakevan, though I am not 100% happy with it so far, but I will recover it!

B954561.jpg

Last edited:

Al Tait

Western Thunderer
Seems the engineers have been working overtime this weekend with the WRD full of HEA's getting attention.

HEA 10.JPG

In all seriousness I have been plugging away at the HEA fleet in between other jobs this weekend. 2x Brown HBA's and 1x Brown HEA I think are complete and two RF wagons ostensibly complete. Just need to touch in some of the black paint and add transfers.

HEA 6.JPG

HEA 7.JPG

HEA 8.JPG

HEA 5.JPG

HEA 9.JPG

Al Tait

Western Thunderer
2022 Review.

Well, a year where quite a bit finally happened, back to shows, personal highs & lows, a change of jobs and some actual modelling! Dovedale made its debut at our MIOG show then a successful stint at the Doncaster GoG show. The next layout is already in progress but halted while we sort something else out.

26005 is still not quite finished (I will get this done and out and about in the new year), the 101 has finally made some progress (if I can get Cam to finish the black I can transfer it up and get it finished!). Another rake of YCV Turbots which have captivated a lot of people. New models made it onto across the WB included 33051, 37418 & 47114 for me and work done on 47303 for Cam, HRA, MAB & Dogfish wagons along with some 28 (I think) of Dapols HEAs..

2023 Hopes & Aspirations
Layout wise, Dovedale needs a little TLC, hopefully has a photoshoot in the new year and a couple of outings. We need to get a layout we’ve had in re-wired and re-worked to appear at MIOG in March and the new layout provisionally called ‘High Street’ will be making progress. As to stock, more HEAs to do and move on. A second HRA needs finishing for MIOG along with some parts for a couple of kit manufacturers followed by a number of other items currently in works, so watch this space!

Thanks to everyone who has popped in here and my layout threads, have a Great New Year and let’s see what 2023 will bring, I am looking forward to turning even more models out, a good weekend and MIOG and attending a few more shows.

60092.JPG

Al Tait

Western Thunderer
This has been under wraps for a couple of weeks as I wanted it for our show at Crewe. Even Andy from Buzz Models didn't know I had done it. HE let me have a kit a while back but he is still waiting for the etches, so I decided I would make the ends up with evergreen strip instead. Still needs a lamp iron and hand brake leavers but it'll do for now!

Buzz Models VGA.jpg

Al Tait

Western Thunderer
Productive weekend. Loadhaul Limpet ready for transfers and a second Buzz Models VGA. Also managed to get some bodies filled and primed, not 100% happy with them so will be getting more work before going for top coats. Hopefully I can keep this motivation and progress up.

Loadhaul ZKA Limpet.jpg

Buzz VGA.jpg

Bodies.jpg