Photo An awful long way down.

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
:eek:

That reminds me of the trip that I took on the Vall de Nuria rack railway in Spain many years ago, there were several bits of the journey that were like that I had to move and sit on the side closest to the mountain!

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Nice shot Neil, Italy is a beautiful country.
Twenty odd years ago I was driving a truck back and forth to Italy via tunnel Frejus ( Modane - Torino), this was on the old road ( Hair pin turns) down into Italy, the only thing between you and the shear drop were white painted concrete blocks :eek: no Armco ! I'd have my foot on the brakes alternating with the exhauster for an hour or more before I reached level ground and the trailer brakes would have faded well before that, the air was full of the smell of brake and clutch lining dust from the convoys.
I liked the sign some wag had put up on the homeward road " Next stop Heston services 1,250 miles ":D

Col.

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Good thing to get obsessed with Neil :)
Strikes me as an ideal subject for a pizza layout, but mounted on a hat stand (or barstool for the slightly more sensible) with scenery peaking above the pizza and running down to the floor. A nice (huge) photo back drop and it would create a nice talking point for the centre of any lounge or hallway...

Keep an eye out in that local shop of yours for us please ;)

Steve

Neil

Western Thunderer
Good thing to get obsessed with Neil :)
Strikes me as an ideal subject for a pizza layout, ....

I have a selection of ridiculously sharp Tomix set track and points winging its way from Japan for this very thing. I think you know what the layout housing will look like (not as high as a hat stand unfortunately) which may have room for a fold out scenic skirt in its base.