An Occasional Series: By Jonte

jonte

Western Thunderer
Hi Jonte,

some great work going on in there, keep it up, you are getting there. Might I suggest Johnson's Klear for making the puddles and damp patches, it dries very quickly and therefore you don't have to wait too long when building up layers.

kind regards

Mike
Hi Mike, and thank you for the kind words of support.

Thanks also for the top tip: I never knew that. Will keep the bill from AK Interactive down a bit ;)

I’ve had some for years outside in my modelling room which I was saving for applying a sheen to one of the more glamorous steam locos. Something else I’ve got to get round to…..

jonte

jonte

Western Thunderer
Just a line to say that I’ve terminated this project.

Totally unhappy with the results to date, I undid everything and started again shortly after my last update. Still unhappy, I realised it had become a chore rather than a pleasant past time, so bit the bullet and gave ‘it’ the bullet.

Thank you to all who contributed for your kind words of encouragement and ‘likes’.

I’m sorry to let you down.

jonte

adrian

Flying Squad
Just a line to say that I’ve terminated this project.

Totally unhappy with the results to date, I undid everything and started again shortly after my last update. Still unhappy, I realised it had become a chore rather than a pleasant past time, so bit the bullet and gave ‘it’ the bullet.

Thank you to all who contributed for your kind words of encouragement and ‘likes’.

I’m sorry to let you down.

jonte
No need for apologies - you haven't let anyone down. Sometimes we have these "itches to scratch" but they don't always work out. I view it better to have tried and decided it wasn't to be rather than pondering "what if".

At the end of the day it's supposed to be a hobby and something we do to relax and unwind.

jonte

Western Thunderer
No need for apologies - you haven't let anyone down. Sometimes we have these "itches to scratch" but they don't always work out. I view it better to have tried and decided it wasn't to be rather than pondering "what if".

At the end of the day it's supposed to be a hobby and something we do to relax and unwind.
Thanks, Adrian.

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Just echoing the thoughts of the previous posters, really. I am guilty of not following every interesting thread as often as I ought, but dipping in and out I was most impressed, Jonte, with you attempts to recreate the concrete in the pit. Like the best modelling, you Tried the replicate real textures. Well done. :thumbs:

Lyndhurstman

Western Thunderer
Hello @jonte

I'm totally in agreement with other posts - particularly @adrian's. He's right; and so are you. Do what's best for you, or you'll end up like me - pushing forward against the gale force headwind of "Don't Go There, Jan" :) And I'm with @John57sharp - looking forward to what comes next. In your own time, though.

Be well.

Cheers

Jan

jonte

Western Thunderer
Hi Jonte, it’s a shame but it’s whatever is best for you. Personally I’m looking forward to whatever’s next.

John

Just echoing the thoughts of the previous posters, really. I am guilty of not following every interesting thread as often as I ought, but dipping in and out I was most impressed, Jonte, with you attempts to recreate the concrete in the pit. Like the best modelling, you Tried the replicate real textures. Well done. :thumbs:

Hello @jonte

I'm totally in agreement with other posts - particularly @adrian's. He's right; and so are you. Do what's best for you, or you'll end up like me - pushing forward against the gale force headwind of "Don't Go There, Jan" :) And I'm with @John57sharp - looking forward to what comes next. In your own time, though.

Be well.

Cheers

Jan
I’m lost for words.

Thank you all ❤️

Jon