Website Another groovy little thing from 'the other place'

Tappa

Western Thunderer
Neil, I think the builder of that little gem is Alan Woodford, he of the "Horselunges" layout from a few years back. If it is, then I had the pleasure of knowing him a few years back when he was a member of Hull MRS.

Jeff

Neil

Western Thunderer
Thanks Jeff; I remember Horselunges from the Modeller and an appearance at the York show, lovely layout too.

Neil

Western Thunderer
The latest chapter in the Tweedale saga is out today, well worth a look. For me the stand out feature is the hand painted backscene which fits with the style of the layout. I could imagine a similarly composed photo backscene fighting against it. I'm not issuing a blanket condemnation of the photo backscene but I think it's one of those features where a careful choice should be made based on what will enhance the layout rather than what's easiest or available, much in the same way that we should choose structures and stock for their appropriateness.

Neil

Western Thunderer
Normally I pass my copy of the Modeller onto friends; occasionally if something special catches my eye I'll keep it. Yesterday I read again Alan Woodford's Tweedale article in the May issue. I had thought that development had finished and efforts were going to be directed elsewhere. This morning, on the off chance I had a look at the Tweedale blog at the other place and was surprised and delighted to find that an extension is under way. The story of the extension starts here.