Another price rise.

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
One of the dealers I occasionally use has today sent out a general e-mail notifying an upcoming price rise on the entire Peco Range :eek:. I'm glad I just bought in my newly required points....... :).

Apologies for being the bearer of this unwelcome news.

Roger .

Western Thunderer
I don't actually know the answer, but how often do Peco put their prices up?

Personally, I don't mind as they are a UK based manufacturer who is committed to providing skilled jobs to the people of Devon, something which should be applauded more by us modellers in my view.
Tony

Neil

Western Thunderer
In general I don't believe that we're being ripped off and in particular I very much don't believe that Peco are doing anything other than reflecting that their costs have gone up. Looking too deeply into the general economic state of the UK (which is why our hobby costs more these days) inevitably soon runs into political issues such as, distribution of wealth, our trading relationship with others etc, so best not go there.

However all is not lost. I've recently started a cut price project, an exploration of just how cheaply one can pursue our hobby and started a blog about it here. Though I can't offer a super accurate finescale result or a large sprawling model empire on a budget, I can show how the joy of making stuff can be done at minimal cost and isn't the joy of creation what we're all about here?

markjj

Western Thunderer
The big thing that everyone is missing out on is that wages went up by a large amount as well in April. This also has a huge knock on apart from the rising costs of raw materials of all kinds.

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer
If you were modelling in 0 gauge, you may find peco track scarce, as Simon's 'Heaton Lodge' is set to expand substantially and magnificently!

regards Rog