What shape of avatar would you prefer?

• Round Avatar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mickoo

Western Thunderer
If you pick the forum style 'Flexile' then the avatars are circular, all other three styles have rectangular avatars.

No need to change anything under the hood, it's already there, users can choose which ever style suits themselves best.

adrian

Flying Squad
If you pick the forum style 'Flexile' then the avatars are circular, all other three styles have rectangular avatars.

No need to change anything under the hood, it's already there, users can choose which ever style suits themselves best.

That is true but in all honesty I am still seriously pondering whether to delete the old styles and just retain the customised Default style. For an extremely selfish reason in that it adds an admin overhead if a new feature tweaks the style templates I have to check it works across all templates and it's another variable to consider if I get any queries. As already spotted the URL links are also highlighted in different colours in the different styles so it complicates debugging issues raised by members.

mickoo

Western Thunderer
That is true but in all honesty I am still seriously pondering whether to delete the old styles and just retain the customised Default style. For an extremely selfish reason in that it adds an admin overhead if a new feature tweaks the style templates I have to check it works across all templates and it's another variable to consider if I get any queries. As already spotted the URL links are also highlighted in different colours in the different styles so it complicates debugging issues raised by members.
Do it. Less is more :cool:

Simon

Flying Squad

Hi Adrian

Please do delete the old styles, simplicity is good and anything that reduces the work that this site creates for you has got to be a good thing for all of us.

Reading what you wrote about Cynric and your approach to this forum, and reflecting upon the last few years of my own life, during which I for various reasons have interacted with Western Thunder much less than ever before (nothing to do with the forum) my conclusion is that this is a pretty good place, to say the least.

Getting back into railway "modelling" if you can call it that, this is simply the best place on the Internet for recording what one is doing, the functionality and ease of access to everything is astonishingly good, and your generous and enlightened approach to running the place is a huge part of why that is so.

Coupled with your great calmness and kindness, Cynric could not have had a better person to have taken on WT than you Adrian.

Which was why I started the thread which rubbed a few of us up the wrong way, this forum is important and we all, I think, owe it a "duty of care".

Simon