Website Bending Bars

S

Simon Dunkley

"A man walked into a bar, but it was made of softer material than him and took up a contorted shape."

Sorry, mis-read the thread title...
(Listen carefully and you will hear the door quietly closing as I flee...)

28ten

Guv'nor
By an amazing coincidence, I was just reading this and thinking about finger/box mini-folder ideas.;)
The ones I have are by far and away the best I have used, but they are a little short (6in) for 7mm or 1/32 but im not sure if they would work so well if they were say 10 inches long, I suspect that something fixed to a board with a lever - more like an industrial metal bender - might be better for a longer design.

Debs.

Western Thunderer
The ones I have are by far and away the best I have used, but they are a little short (6in) for 7mm or 1/32 but im not sure if they would work so well if they were say 10 inches long, I suspect that something fixed to a board with a lever - more like an industrial metal bender - might be better for a longer design.

I have a 1ft. and a 10ft. box/finger folder........both are way-too large to do anything remotely modellish!
I`ll have 'thunk' and see if I can come up with something uber-precise and appropriately scaled.

......everything is too-big here at Collie Towers (even me!):p .......this is the smaller shear-brake:

DSCF8831.jpg

JimG

Western Thunderer

I had been thinking on how to align the two parts easily and this site has the answer. :) I've got a load of very good steel angle which I've been storing under the workbench for years - just in case - and this might have triggered a project for it. :) Maybe I need a welder. :)

Jim.