Black 5's

hoppy504

Western Thunderer
Please excuse this post, I was trying to send these to a post on the fs32 site.

John

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00862.jpg

28ten

Guv'nor
Black 5's

No problem :) I do think you need to tell us a little more about the models though!
And a warm welch to anyone off the 1/32 yahoo group who had joined to see the pictures  :wave:

Simon

Flying Squad
Black 5's

28ten said:
No problem :) I do think you need to tell us a little more about the models though!
And a warm welch to anyone off the 1/32 yahoo group who had joined to see the pictures  :wave:

I have told everyone there what a jolly spiffing place this is :thumbs:

hoppy504

Western Thunderer
Black 5's

Thanks for the understanding.
45010 is the model made by Accucraft and is based on the early version.1, 45472 is the Brassworks model of a version.2
Sorry the pics are so poor but I was trying to show the differences as regards accuarcy of the models.

regards,
john.

Pannier Tank

Western Thunderer
Black 5's

hoppy504 said:
Sorry the pics are so poor but I was trying to show the differences as regards accuarcy of the models.

regards,
john.
Nice to see the different versions of the Black 5. As a 9 year old in '63 they all looked the same to me  :) My favoroites 45222, 45292, 45393 (1E examples).

hoppy504

Western Thunderer
Black 5's

CME,
Trackshack are selling the Accucraft models (Early or Late Emblems) for £930 including postage.
I think that for a garden line they are very good value. The Brassworks model seems to be finer detailed so may  take a little more wear in a garden enviroment.

regards,
John.

John D

Western Thunderer
Black 5's

Those Accuraft models seemed to represent superb value for money - especially when compared to 7mm RTR

Ermm!....IF it was me I think I'd save up the difference and go for the Brassworks one...to me there's something seriously wrong in the firebox department with the Accucraft one , looking at the photos...it also appears to be destined for a life of tender first running looking at the reverse gear and strangely both locos still have their crosshead vac pumps fitted , taken off in the 40's on the real thing.
  Nit picking over...I too will get me coat  :D

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Black 5's

being side ways on I cant tell the difference, still I want a capriotti version high slashers and such made em ugly but more brute-ish

Ian

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
Black 5's

iploffy said:
being side ways on I cant tell the difference, still I want a capriotti version high slashers and such made em ugly but more brute-ish

Ian

As modified by Sweeney Todd.  :))

OK I've got me coat on, by for now.

OzzyO.

S

Simon Dunkley

Black 5's

iploffy said:
being side ways on I cant tell the difference,
One looks like it has a taper boiler (Brassworks), the other (Accucraft) looks like it has a pararllel boiler from the SDJR 7F (the Midland's idea of an outside cylinder 4-6-0?), despite both having a taper boiler.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Black 5's

iploffy said:

Ian
[/quote]
OzzyO said:
As modified by Sweeney Todd.  :))

OK I've got me coat on, by for now.

OzzyO.

But it still looks like the Russian female all in wrestler version of a very gracefull machine

deny it I dare you!!!!!!!
Ian

OzzyO

Western Thunderer
Black 5's

iploffy said:
But it still looks like the Russian female all in wrestler version of a very gracefull machine

deny it I dare you!!!!!!!

OK. it looks more like a prop forward than a stand off.  :thumbs:  ;D

OzzyO.
Ian