Book Books

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi guy's, thought i would show you these and see if anyone knows about them. They can be found on-  C.C publications ( Adrian Curtis stuff)

[attachment=3:195pdmiu]Western books 001.JPG[/attachment:195pdmiu]

[attachment=2:195pdmiu]Western books 002.JPG[/attachment:195pdmiu]

[attachment=1:195pdmiu]Western books 003.JPG[/attachment:195pdmiu]

[attachment=0:195pdmiu]Western books 004.JPG[/attachment:195pdmiu]

Attachments

• Western books 001.JPG
    Western books 001.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Western books 002.JPG
    Western books 002.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Western books 003.JPG
    Western books 003.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 103
  • Western books 004.JPG
    Western books 004.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 104

28ten

Guv'nor
Western/Warship books

I have never bought any but I have often wondered myself, he does seem to produce a lot of stuff.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

28ten said:
I have never bought any but I have often wondered myself, he does seem to produce a lot of stuff.
Yes me too :scratch: , the only trouble is , you have to order & buy them unseen as they are only available from the publisher as far as I'm aware?
I did try to buy 'Tribute to the Hymeks' book from him without success

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

i think you can order single issues from Strathwood publishings ( not 100% sure though). I can however recommend any of the titles they are very good,lots of info and some very nice pics :thumbs: . If you need any more info on them i will help if i can :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
Western/Warship books

I might try the Hydraulics illustrated as I guess that covers more than just Westerns!

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

Both Western Power and Hydraulics Illustrated have class 14,22,warship and western's. Illustrated is probably the better one for variety but both are pretty good. As some of you may have noticed i like westerns so the Western Collection is of course invaluable. Eventually it is going to cover all 74 of the class. Unfortunatelymost of the early ones are now out of print. But i find the info of each loco very interesting :thumbs: If you go onto the C.C Publications website you will see that there is a new Westerns book due out soon, Mmmm looking forward to that :D

28ten

Guv'nor
Western/Warship books

I have ordered a copy of hydraulics illustrated :thumbs:
the Western book is by the same chap as the Irwell Warship book, it should be a good read, lets hope the photographs are better....

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

I have just ordered a copy of the new WESTERN book from the DTG. its called "Looking Back at the Westerns", priced ?19.95 inc. p+p. It is'nt due for release till the end of May. Cant wait :drool: :drool:
Rob :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
Western/Warship books

Well its two weeks since i ordered hydraulics illustrated and it hasn't turned up yet.....
I had noticed the Westerns book I might wait to see if Amazon stock it as at least they dispatch it ;)

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

28ten said:
Well its two weeks since i ordered hydraulics illustrated and it hasn't turned up yet.....
I had noticed the Westerns book I might wait to see if Amazon stock it as at least they dispatch it ;)
Yes the Adrian Curtis stuff (hydraulics illustrated) is good but they dont despatch straight away. I ordered Western Power No5, which i missed when it came out, About two weeks ago and i too havent received yet :( Bear with them though . I think you'll be pleased when it does come.

28ten

Guv'nor
Western/Warship books

I just found Strathwood stocking it on Ebay, I can get volume one there so I might order that.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

28ten said:
I ordered the the 'Tribute To The Hymeks' book from Mr Curtis a couple of years ago , I gave him all my details over the phone & never heard a thing from him :x

28ten

Guv'nor
Western/Warship books

Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""28ten"":2zlm7gy8]Well its two weeks since i ordered hydraulics illustrated and it hasn't turned up yet.....
I ordered the the 'Tribute To The Hymeks' book from Mr Curtis a couple of years ago , I gave him all my details over the phone & never heard a thing from him :x[/quote:2zlm7gy8]
Did he take any money? or just not bother?

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""28ten"":m2r1i0lc]
No, I just think he couldn't be bothered :x[/quote:m2r1i0lc]
Is the book available now. The reason i ask phill is i have ordered the next four individual booklets D1017,D1033,D1050 and D1052. I have already payed for them but they are'nt even printed yet(he hopes to do this summer). So i was wondering if it was'nt in print or there was no possible date for it to be printed then he prob would'nt take your money. (although a courtasy call/email would'nt have gone amiss). I know a few years back he advertised all sorts of books/booklets and didnt realise what demand there would be so he struggled to get the volume of printing done and a backlog built up. However dont know if he took any money foe orders.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

lancer1027 said:
[quote=""Phill Dyson"":132z9kae][quote=""28ten"":132z9kae]
No, I just think he couldn't be bothered :x[/quote:132z9kae]
Is the book available now. The reason i ask phill is i have ordered the next four individual booklets D1017,D1033,D1050 and D1052. I have already payed for them but they are'nt even printed yet(he hopes to do this summer). So i was wondering if it was'nt in print or there was no possible date for it to be printed then he prob would'nt take your money. (although a courtasy call/email would'nt have gone amiss). I know a few years back he advertised all sorts of books/booklets and didnt realise what demand there would be so he struggled to get the volume of printing done and a backlog built up. However dont know if he took any money foe orders.
Rob :wave:[/quote:132z9kae]
No just old fashioned crap service :x ,it was in print when I ordered it, but as far as I'm aware it is out of print now , so no excuses really ;)
Phill :thumbs:

28ten

Guv'nor
Western/Warship books

Well it arrived today :thumbs: and there are some great pictures. one thing i do like, is that a lot of the photographs are in a large size landscape format as I hate squinting at small pictures looking for details :)
I shall definitely order the first issue through Strathwood. All I want now is the volume on D1011......

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

28ten said:
Well it arrived today :thumbs: and there are some great pictures. one thing i do like, is that a lot of the photographs are in a large size landscape format as I hate squinting at small pictures looking for details :)
I shall definitely order the first issue through Strathwood. All I want now is the volume on D1011......
Ah , you may have a problem there Cynric. Its out of print ,the only way to get that booklet is to try and pick one up on e-bay. I had to bide my time to pick up D1069 Vanguard to get up-to-date with the series. Just cant seem to get them now. I am still after a couple myself (been after these for about 3 years) Westerns on works, Cornish Riviera :cry: . If i come accross D1011 i will let you know :thumbs:

28ten

Guv'nor
Western/Warship books

lancer1027 said:
[quote=""28ten"":2fn8t1x3]Well it arrived today :thumbs: and there are some great pictures. one thing i do like, is that a lot of the photographs are in a large size landscape format as I hate squinting at small pictures looking for details :)
Ah , you may have a problem there Cynric. Its out of print ,the only way to get that booklet is to try and pick one up on e-bay. I had to bide my time to pick up D1069 Vanguard to get up-to-date with the series. Just cant seem to get them now. I am still after a couple myself (been after these for about 3 years) Westerns on works, Cornish Riviera :cry: . If i come accross D1011 i will let you know :thumbs:[/quote:2fn8t1x3]
I just know that there is bound to be a picture in there showing something that I have missed on the model, and of course by the time I get the book the model will have been painted :headbang: :headbang:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

I will have a look and see for you. If there are any interesting items i will let you know :thumbs:What date are you modelling?