Bow Creek Wharf. c.1946. S7

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Do you draw up these River Thames buildings based on old photographs?
Dave,
Yes, I use a lot of photographs for a basis, sometimes old drawings and etchings that I find on the internet. They are not obviously exact replicas as original drawings and indeed the buildings themselves do not still exist in some cases, there is also a lot of modellers license used and I lean on my knowledge from the building industry ( To blow my own trumpet :D I have my HNC qualifications in building construction and City & Guilds Carpentry and Joinery to fall back on ) to create a version of a specific building to fit the situation on the layout.

1696601234571.jpeg

1696590160503-jpeg.197518

1696590283236.png

Col

Last edited:

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Had these kits a while now and managed to re-start work on them. A pair of Scammell 3-ton mechanical horse's with 13ft. trailers produced by Scale Link ltd. under the Roadcraft Models label. Nicely detailed with some etched parts for widow frames and works plates etc.
They are resin bodies for the trailers and the rest in white metal.
I decided to build one of the tractor units with the coupling engaged to take a trailer whilst the other set of gear is modelled uncoupled so that a trailer can be posed free standing, the free standing coupling is not fixed so as to be able to swop trailers.
One is an earlier model than the other denoted by the different cowl over the front wheel.
I have stood the cab fronts and roof on the models just for the photo as there is more detail and paint to add on the interiors first before final
fixing.
These are destined to populate the the goods shed loading bay on Bow Creek.

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

Col.