Bow Creek Wharf. c.1946. S7

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
The pubs the really interesting one :) and the view down Boat street should be good as well.
The buildings are based on real locations that existed post war, I will post some sketches/pic's etc later.
Where Boat street meets the back scene there will be a high level gantry between the warehouses connecting the upper floors and I plan to fit a mirror between the buildings at this point which should create the illusion of more depth.

Col.

AdamF

Western Thunderer
Great, great plan - do I sense some buildings a la Kings Lynn? Looking forward to seeing this develop.

S

Simon Dunkley

That plan is something else! :thumbs:

The curve from the barge bank into the warehouse reminds me of the one at Romford into the Ind Coope brewery siding. About as close to Hornby radius #1 as you'll get!
Not just the sharp curve (horse-shunted, I expect) but two 3-ways and two diamonds. I mean, just how trainsetty can one get?

Did anyone ever tell the real railway engineers that this sort of thing is just not prototypical?

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
... two 3-ways and two diamonds.
Are you sure? On first study I wondered why the far diamond was missing some checkrails.... and then I noticed that the far diamond does not have any crossings!!! That there diamond is plain track, so what is at the end of the plain line to either side of the "crossing"?

regards, Graham

Alan

Western Thunderer
I do like the look of it. Very Rice in appearence. I must admit that while Wencombe is rural, I do like a good urban layout.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
... On first study I wondered why the far diamond was missing some checkrails.... and then I noticed that the far diamond does not have any crossings!!! That there diamond is plain track, so what is at the end of the plain line to either side of the "crossing"?
Nothing of immediate significance.

View attachment 16150
Interesting - looks like the curved track was laid across that rear 'straight' without bothering to make it a proper crossing, or remove the old siding either....:confused:

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Hi Colin,
How does this layout fit into the projected Bow Creek layout as per your web site?
regards, Graham
Graham,
On the map I have drawn of the proposed layout to the left you'll see a building marked Pepper warehouses, it's all a bit out of scale so I will have to revise the web site drg. with a scale plan including this wharf plan.

Col.