BR Mk1 Limabuild coaches

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Here some pictures of my BR Mk1 coaches.. They started life as ordinary Lima Mk1s but I gone a bit mad on them. Rather than cutting them in two I cut the sides off and build the whole thing back together with Plastruct... The roofs, windows, bogies and some other detailing parts are from Easybuild (Shawn Kaye very helpful/tolerant :lol: ) some other bits were from Mr Westdale who also has been very helpful...

Attachments

• Limabuild coaches A.jpg
    Limabuild coaches A.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 351
  • Limabuild coaches C.jpg
    Limabuild coaches C.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 343
  • Limabuild coaches D.jpg
    Limabuild coaches D.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 351
  • Limabuild coaches E.jpg
    Limabuild coaches E.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 330
  • Limabuild coaches K.jpg
    Limabuild coaches K.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 330
  • Limabuild coaches G.jpg
    Limabuild coaches G.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 338
  • Limabuild coaches H.jpg
    Limabuild coaches H.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 330
  • Limabuild coaches J.jpg
    Limabuild coaches J.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 340

28ten

Guv'nor
Ross
If you want to use more than 8 pictures just spread it over a couple of posts.
That is impressive work, I would not have believed a lima coach could look this good :thumbs:
file.php

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Have you decided on a livery?.......blue/grey would be nice :cool: , are you going to replace the under frame truss's as we discussed ? ..........I reckon they will be about 10% Lima when you've finished :lol:

rosspeacock

Phill Dyson said:
Have you decided on a livery?.......blue/grey would be nice :cool: , are you going to replace the under frame truss's as we discussed ? ..........I reckon they will be about 10% Lima when you've finished :lol:
Hi Phill, think Im still gonna do three of them BR(SR) green and three Maroon with W prefix on running numbers (sorry) Definately going to price Model Express underframes up, got Battery boxes so need dynamos and Westinghouse brake thingys (not sure what proper name for them is??) will be a shame like you say to go this far and not go to town on underframe detail, might give new Heljans a run for their money :lol: :lol: Ross...

rosspeacock

lancer1027 said:
Blue/Grey would be great :thumbs: . Who's buffers did you use Ross ?. Exellent work though. Look forward to some more pics :drool:
Hi Lancer, the buffers are from Haywood Railways Ltd, although I was'nt happy with the oval buffer head shape on them as it was more oblong and rounded off on the edges (only example I can liken them to was Gordon from Thomas The Tank Engine) but with some filing :rant: :rant: they look a lot better shape now.. :lol: Ross...

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
The draftgear box for the Buckeyes looks interesting, Ross; what make is that? looks a bit more sophisticated than the common or garden Kadee #805....

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Jordan said:
The draftgear box for the Buckeyes looks interesting, Ross; what make is that? looks a bit more sophisticated than the common or garden Kadee #805....
Would they be the Heljan ones you nicked of my Hymek Ross? :lol: :p ;)

rosspeacock

Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""Jordan"":3jd3vkf3]The draftgear box for the Buckeyes looks interesting, Ross; what make is that? looks a bit more sophisticated than the common or garden Kadee #805....
Would they be the Heljan ones you nicked of my Hymek Ross? :lol: :p ;)[/quote:3jd3vkf3]
Hi :wave: :wave: they most certainly are the ones I stole from you, dont know how the hell they work but they look pretty swish :lol: :lol:

rosspeacock

Jordan said:
Hi Jordan, They are the ones which come with Heljan Hymek, got 2 from my own and stole 2 off Phill they have some sort of NEM socket on them but i filed down some Kadee 805's to fit, the other rake of 3 im on with just have ordinary 805's on dont know anyone else who has a Hymek :lol: :lol: .... got some nice corridor connectors from Maurice @ Aquitrain (see pic) Also some of the coaches have the new Easybuild commonwealth bogies on these are the correct ride height too and fit straight onto Lima bogie pivots, I have also scratchbuilt (if you can call it that) some of the side Running Board brackets (see pic) :wave: Ross

Attachments

• Limabuild coaches 001.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 001.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 302
  • Limabuild coaches 002.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 002.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 289
  • Limabuild coaches 003.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 003.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 283
  • Limabuild coaches 004.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 004.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 289

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
rosspeacock said:
[quote=""Phill Dyson"":eyoryak0][quote=""Jordan"":eyoryak0]The draftgear box for the Buckeyes looks interesting, Ross; what make is that? looks a bit more sophisticated than the common or garden Kadee #805....
Would they be the Heljan ones you nicked of my Hymek Ross? :lol: :p ;)[/quote:eyoryak0]
Hi :wave: :wave: they most certainly are the ones I stole from you, dont know how the hell they work but they look pretty swish :lol: :lol:[/quote:eyoryak0]
Ross, your not supposed to say yes to anything without consulting your solicitor :lol: If Phill asks anymore questions dont answer them just say its in the hands of your solicitor. Plus you could have said it is a unique Mk1 coupling that you located in the Antartic. That would have confused him as there are no Hydraulics there so it was unlikely he's been. :thumbs:

rosspeacock

Jordan said:
[quote=""rosspeacock"":3ce4w9ir]... dont know anyone else who has a Hymek? :lol: :lol: ....

As a matter of fact...
innocent0009.gif
:p[/quote:3ce4w9ir]
Maybe we could do some sort of deal with little self sealing poly bags :lol: Phill always says its like drug dealing O gauge modelling with all the little poly bags (minus the white powder fo course), Ill only need another pair then, "hint" "hint" ;) ;) Thanks :thumbs: Ross...

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
rosspeacock said:
Phill always says its like drug dealing, O gauge modelling
:shock: Is that how he affords his locos, then??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then again, with a smilie like this :headbang: on the Forum, maybe he's not the only one!!! :lol:

Ross you have Email (I hope!) :wave:

westernfan

Western Thunderer
thats alot of upgrading you have done to those limas i bet once you have completed them they will be as good as the heljans :bowdown: what did you use to remove the paint ?

rosspeacock

westernfan said:
thats alot of upgrading you have done to those limas i bet once you have completed them they will be as good as the heljans :bowdown: what did you use to remove the paint ?
Only the sides are painted on Limas and all the detail gets sanded off with wet/dry and the paint comes off with it.. think you are probably right its the thought of painting them which is so daunting after doing so much work on them.. Good luck with yours by the way If you look at Phills garden railway pics his MK1's have "threecees" sides on them :thumbs: :thumbs: Ross..

rosspeacock

Hi yes these are the offending articles, I just had a little painting disaster other week and have had to take some windows out of my CKs the primer i used reacted with the DalerRowney masking fluid and caused the window plastic to "craze" so back to the drawing board with that one ha ha :headbang: :headbang: like the look of the new etches from shawn kaye at easybuild but think it would be a big job to start over with mine but could end up been an even bigger job to start painting them too. Ross.

rosspeacock

Hi I think the DalerRowney fluid is ok think its more likely to be the grey car primer I used :vista: :vista: Anyway you live and learn ha ha :scratch: Got some railmatch acrylics to spray on with airbrush so on the lookout for some acrylic primer and hopefully that wont react same (I shall be doing a test beforehand this time) :scratch: :scratch: