BR Mk1 Limabuild coaches

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
iploffy said:
Ross where did you get the interior layout plan from as the MK1 book I have does not have internal layouts in. I am reserching the RB at the moment. How did you set the heights of your buckeyes(kaydee's) as I guess they have to be the same as the next coach

Ian
Hi Ian, If Im being totally honest I've just done it from memory, I've spent quite a bit of time at the Keighley & Worth Valley riding up and down in their's (savouring the real ale) they advertise it as "Ale Track" usually one of the local beers on "Dent Brewery" do some good one's (going off track ha ha) There are a few more screens and bulkhead bits to cobble together and a "bum rest" by the small windows opposite the bar area, I'll also need some handrails behind those small windows too... As for the buckeyes I've just set them all the same I guessed that they won't be getting coupled to anyone elses coaches :scratch: :wave: Ross...

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
you mean like this :thumbs:

Attachments

• PICT1293.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 9
  • PICT1298.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 8
  • PICT1294.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 6

rosspeacock

iploffy said:
Very nice  :drool:I hope your modelling curled up sandwiches and rock hard pasties as well

Ian
Hi Ian, Guess I'm gonna have to now  :-[ :-[ But was the catering in the 60's as bad as the 1980's rubbish  :)) :)) Rob's RMB interior looks superb he has really set the standard, I just thought I'd make it look something like but I'm going to have to up the standards now  :shit: :)) :)) :)) :thumbs: :wave: Ross...

rosspeacock

Hello, don't know where you lot got the blue from??? Anyway I've been doing a bit more at the RMB and one or two bits on two of the CK's..... On the RMB I've done a little bit more work in the "bar" area, put some partitions in too.. On the CK's I've put tank fillers on the roof 7" from the centre line ;) also the water deflecting strips (should anyone overfill the tanks :)) ) I used to think at one time that those strips were above every door..... Ive also put those things that hook on next to the buffers on a chain (does anyone know what the proper name for these is?) they put them over the buffer when the buffer is pulled out when the coach coupled to a loco, anyway done them, also soldered a wire between the buffers to stop them spinning and put the end steps on, one at each end on left as you look at the coach end on... Just look at the shape of the buffer heads (right one) from haywood railways as they come, IMHO they need filing to the correct shape, I put a 3 link coupling on at either end of each rake so just a view from underneath showing fitting etc, and re-fitted a few door handles that had got damaged with excessive handling (these were from Eileens Emporium) Ross...

Attachments

• Limabuild coaches 028.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 028.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Limabuild coaches 029.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 029.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Limabuild coaches 030.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 030.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Limabuild coaches 031.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 031.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Limabuild coaches 032.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 032.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Limabuild coaches 033.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 033.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Limabuild coaches 034.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 034.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 25

rosspeacock

Rob Pulham said:
Hi Ross, I like your hinges (among all the other goodies :D) did you make them or buy them?
The Hinges come on an etch from EZbuild for about ?5.00 they come in 2 parts and just superglue in place thick ones at the top and bottom and thin one in the middle To allow for the tumblehome :wave: :thumbs: Ross...

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Ross the things on chains are called saddles when the buffer is put into extended mode for loco haulage or if the buckeye has problems pull the buffer head out place the saddle over the shank then bring on the locomotive to tension the coupling. I worked for Intercity before we were privatised as a Senior Conductor Guard.

Ian

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
They don't look far away from painting now ?, are still doing  some BR(SR) green & some BR maroon ?.................the pics appear to be posting OK now  :thumbs:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Great work Ross , It is as Phill say's not far off painting :bowdown: :thumbs:. Have you made the buffer saddles or have you bought them ?. Still cant get my head round your doing GREEN :scratch: :scratch: LOL :))

Rob :thumbs: :wave:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
lancer1027 said:
Great work Ross , It is as Phill say's not far off painting :bowdown: :thumbs:. Have you made the buffer saddles or have you bought them ?. Still cant get my head round your doing GREEN :scratch: :scratch: LOL :))

Rob :thumbs: :wave:

That was a question I was going to ask

Ian

28ten

Guv'nor
They look pretty damn good, you have worked miracles with those coaches  :thumbs:
Im looking forward to seeing some green ones  :))

rosspeacock

Sorry Guys, definately BR/SR green for RMB, CK and BSK the other 3 BCK and 2x CK's will be Maroon with "W" prefixes on, does anyone know when BR started putting Yellow bands to designate 1st Class and Red for Buffet Etc?
Ross................;)