Prototype BR Mk2 Coaches

The Penguin Of Doom

Western Thunderer
Resurrecting an old thread here but there are some extremely helpful pictures for an upcoming project to build a few of the original Mk2s.

Quick question, does anyone know of a producer of the Mk2a roof vents? I've enquired with PRMRP but wondered if there were alternatives.....

Cheers.

Sean.

Last edited:

AJC

Western Thunderer
EDIT - Ian's pictures can now be found here.

Very nice Ian, but surely these are all mark 1s? A pair of TSOs and an FK. Later mark 1s and early mark 2s were heavily covered in formica or were by the time I remember them in the late 1980s.

Adam

PS - the grey moquette is to a pattern known (I think) as 'Trojan' and, although the seats must have been reupholstered looks quite nice. The horizontal striped shades of brown in the FK also look familiar - was this something usually found in mark 3s? @Bob-65B is your man for this sort of thing.

Last edited:

isleofthanet

Western Thunderer
Resurrecting an old thread here but there are some extremely helpful pictures for an upcoming project to build a few of the original Mk2s.

Quick question, does anyone know of a producer of the Mk2a roof vents? I've enquired with PRMRP but wondered if there were alternatives.....

Cheers.

Sean.
Sean,

Try Dick Taylor as he makes Mk 2 coach kits.

regards

Alan