BR WESTERN REGION AUTO COACHES

westernfan

Western Thunderer
I recently built a westdale auto coach kit dia A27, in the box there was a choice of coach ends for the luggage compartment i choose to build the auto trailer with windows at each end and i painted it br maroon . does anyone know what this versions running numbers would be w22w etc ? also did any of the br versions sport a br coach roundal ? :?

28ten

Guv'nor
westernfan said:
I recently built a westdale auto coach kit dia A27, in the box there was a choice of coach ends for the luggage compartment i choose to build the auto trailer with windows at each end and i painted it br maroon . does anyone know what this versions running numbers would be w22w etc ? also did any of the br versions sport a br coach roundal ? :?
I will have a look in the autocoaches book when I have time, that will have all the details

28ten

Guv'nor
According to Lewis P257 All A27 trailers had the end windows in the luggage compartment painted black in 1935 and in due course they were plated over. though apparently 169 had not been plated in 1948.
All were scrapped by Dec 61 so I would think it unlikely that any would have been repainted with the roundel - plain maroon seems to be the order of the day.
Probably not what you want to hear....

westernfan

Western Thunderer
thanks for having a look ive searched the net for images and i came up with this ,i was hoping that the image showed the view of the 14xx bunker through the auto coaches windows but it must be the reflection of the grass :?

Attachments

• tiverton(8_1962)old4.jpg
    tiverton(8_1962)old4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 95
  • tiverton(8_1962)old4.jpg
    tiverton(8_1962)old4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 94

Bigjohn

On the trailer theme. I have completed parts, G3 for the oniy clerestory unit. The Dean 10ft centreless bogies are on the way. I know how the prototype works, but is this doable given the swing on a model layout. I’m thinking I may have to fudge and resort to the central bogie pivot. Thoughts and ideas welcome………

Dai88D

Western Thunderer
thanks for having a look ive searched the net for images and i came up with this ,i was hoping that the image showed the view of the 14xx bunker through the auto coaches windows but it must be the reflection of the grass :?
Can’t believe this auto had windows at loco end. Merthyr used to have several autocoach workings, and I don’t remember even older autocoaches that weren’t plated over - and that was in the 50s. I’m not old enough to go back further, before you ask!