Bristol Bath Road Workbench

clarky

Western Thunderer
Fantastic photos chaps!

Keep em coming!!

I've pre-ordered a couple of Heljan GUVs from Tower.

I mentioned to them that their planned Tower issue version of the forthcoming Heljan Warship in maroon without yellow panels never existed in service. Not sure they were very happy!!

G

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
I agree Graeme, great pic of Enterprise:cool:. Also Viscount is easily identifiable by the second mans wiper positioning:thumbs:.

Great pics. Please feel free to post more:D.

Rob:)

clarky

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob
................one of a number of dodgy wiper mods across the fleet!!

1006 and 1039 being the craziest!

Who the hell tought that would work???

Graeme

West Junction

Western Thunderer
Western Pioneer at Southall West Junction 1962
Southall 1962  D1003.jpg

Westerns at Penzance first two 1974, not sure for second two (Penzance totem white in second photograph, brown in fourth) I had always thought they were all taken in 1974 when we all went together. I know my parents went to Cornwall again in 1975 and my father died in 1977, can anybody say when the last two (which my father took) were taken,.

Penzance 1974-0321.jpg

Penzance 1974-0322.jpg

Penzance 1974 -0450.jpg

Penzance 1974 -0412.jpg

Slough approximately 1964/7ish (first one looks to have grey bulkhead)

Slough about 1967 0042.jpg

Slough 1964 -0407.jpg

Peter

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Wow, great pics . Thanks for posting.:thumbs:

I particularly like the Penzance pics as when i eventually get my railway shed my layout will be based on Penzance station late 1960's early 1970's.

Rob:)

bogusman

Western Thunderer
Hi Peter
The last 2 pictures are at Slough. The top one of the two is heading west pass the site of Slough MPD,the recess in the bridge was there to accomodate the turntable when the bridge was rebuilt. The second one is London bound passing Slough goods shed that still stands. Hope this has been of some help.
Pete