Bristol Bath Road Workbench

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
Great show at Reading yesterday.

I picked up a Class 33 in Blue.

I've been trying to decide whether to get one for ages (when I knew really that I should) but I thought I'd left it too late and the blue ones were all gone!

Mint and boxed.

I numbered it yesterday - 6537.

Took me ages, but it looks okay.

Good choice Clarky,

If you feel the urge to detail it moving the bogie springs back makes a big improvement.

Cheers

Tom

clarky

Western Thunderer
Thanks Tom

The windows could do with a bit of attention too and the bufferbeam pipes and cables need some work.

All in all though, its not a bad model and it looks like I remember them.

clarky

Western Thunderer
I do like to detail

Usually, bufferbeam pipework, cab interior and General details.

Although I did do a full MMP Bogie rebuild on my Brush 4s (At least on two of them - one still to do)

I need to start weathering too

Everything is far too clean

G

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
I do like to detail

Usually, bufferbeam pipework, cab interior and General details.

Although I did do a full MMP Bogie rebuild on my Brush 4s (At least on two of them - one still to do)

I need to start weathering too

Everything is far too clean

G
Yes, I totally agree. I've made a start on mine with the same sort of things here http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/ind...e-heljan-33-improvements-and-jltrt-mk2s.1265/ It's on hold whilst I'm waiting for Shawplan to do some lourvre improvements.

Cheers

Tom

tomstaf

Western Thunderer
I've got a few (they always ran in pairs when I saw them, that's my excuse), but the one in that thread will be bulled up BR Blue 33 051 Shakespeare Cliffe. Just like this
33051 & 33030 at BTM 13:9:1997.jpg
Recognise the location? ;)

Cheers

Tom

clarky

Western Thunderer
Looks like God's own Station to me!

The Mighty Temple Meads

Heading South!

And real numbers too.............6559?

clarky

Western Thunderer
I've spent many hours on the end of that platform.

As a 70s fan, there are lots of pics of Hydraulics ready to set off from there for the West.

Very often Warships or Westerns with a failed engine on their way home to be fixed