Bristol Bath Road Workbench

clarky

Western Thunderer
It's a really good point about what people want to model Jordan and I think that you've hit the nail on the head perfectly.    Certainly for me, it's all about trying to recreate happy memories and the the next generation will just do the same.    While I wouldn't choose to model then, 60s, 66s, HSTs and Pendos are cracking pieces of kit to watch!    Graeme   

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
clarky said:
It's a really good point about what people want to model Jordan and I think that you've hit the nail on the head perfectly.    Certainly for me, it's all about trying to recreate happy memories .....

I dunno... it's not always the case, such as myself - I've never been to the USA, and even if I do one day I'll be about 30 years too late for much of what I model and would like to see...
If I was to model what I actually remember the most from my 'spotting days I'd be the one doing Jim S-W's Birmingham New Street (though maybe not in P4!!)... when I did do BR Blue stuff years ago my 'era' settled at about 1977-82 (starting out as 'contemporary', becoming historical once "Inter-City", "Railfreight" and other horrendous colours started replacing blue) yet the British stuff I model now is from the 1960's - actually around the time I was born!!
So perhaps I'm one of those exceptions that proves the rule... :scratch: :shit:

Perhaps this little exchange should be moved to a thread of it's own; we're sort of hi-jacking Bath Road here.... :-[

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Hi Graeme  :wave:

I was looking at one of my old spotting books today & although the date is a bit too late for your 08 query, I thought the shunter's present  may still be of interest to you ?

Bristol Bath Road 16 August 1974

08 377, 08 089, 08 900, 08 824, 03 321 & 03 382. 

& around Temple Meades  on the same day :

08 935, 08 668 & 08 028.

Phill 

PS I do have an old 'Loco Shed Book' around somewhere but that will be 1974 or later  :scratch:

clarky

Western Thunderer
Thanks for that Phill  That's definitely of interest!    Any help is very much appreciated      I've almost completed the points now and I've started to ballast the other half of the trackwork    I'll put some photos on soon      Graeme

Western Thunderer
Hi Clarky.

Did you have a look at 'shunterspotter' for BBR.

Talking of RTC Derby, I still get out my seat when i go past RTC (which is very rare now), to see what i can see !!. I'm also keen on doing some RTC loco's, coaches & wagons in O gauge.  :headbang:

Does anyone know where i can get good detailed pics of the interior of the RTC coaches ?.
:thumbs:
Steve

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
there's nothing there now is there the last time i went there it was devoid of any of the yellow stuff shame really

Ian

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
40126 said:
Hi Clarky.

Did you have a look at 'shunterspotter' for BBR.

Talking of RTC Derby, I still get out my seat when i go past RTC (which is very rare now), to see what i can see !!. I'm also keen on doing some RTC loco's, coaches & wagons in O gauge.  :headbang:

Does anyone know where i can get good detailed pics of the interior of the RTC coaches ?.
:thumbs:
Steve

Hi Steve,

you could start off by looking at www.departmentals.com - a very useful site for photos.

regards

Mike

clarky

Western Thunderer
Hello Chaps!    Here're a couple of progress photos.      I've almost finished the track now. Only the point blades to add.  C & L do a wonderful job with their kits and everything just fits together perfectly.  I really enjoyed doing the pointwork. I've got the rail and chair painting to complete now (Railmatch Dark Rust) and a few other bits to touch up (with Railmatch Sleeper Grime) before it's back to the buildings.    Graeme 

Attachments

• IMG00115-20110405-1219[1].jpg
    IMG00115-20110405-1219[1].jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 26

Western Thunderer
Ressaldar said:
Hi Steve,

you could start off by looking at www.departmentals.com - a very useful site for photos.

regards

Mike

Hi Mike.

Yes ive looked on there before. The first one i'm thinking of doing is the one currently at The Midland Railway centre, Butterley. There wasnt anyone around last time i went (midweek). But it's only 10 miles away, so plenty chances to go again soon.

Cheers,

Steve :thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Love the last couple of shots with the two Hymeks & the BR HA vans.............happy memories  :D 8) 8) 8)

Phill  :wave:

clarky

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the comments chaps.  Much appreciated!!    Brush Type 4, Hymek Type 3, Monty Type 1!!

Attachments

• IMG00122-20110405-2307[1].jpg
    IMG00122-20110405-2307[1].jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 34

clarky

Western Thunderer
Hi Fellows!  I've finished painting the trackwork and ballasted the front of the shed on 4-6 Roads (still got the point blades to make though). That's the last of my Ballast (Carr's C1173 Light Grey), so I'll have to order another jar tomorrow. I always seem to call the chap at C&L when it's inappropriate for him and he tells me off!  So wish me luck in getting fresh supplies!!    Clarky 

Attachments

• IMG00129-20110410-2059[1].jpg
    IMG00129-20110410-2059[1].jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 34