Bristol Bath Road Workbench

clarky

Western Thunderer
The glue was still wet in the last one, hence all thee white spots!

Attachments

• IMG00127-20110410-1900[1].jpg
    IMG00127-20110410-1900[1].jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 33

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Graeme, just had a quick look back on your thread so if ive missed it i appollogise. What size is the layout overall ?

Rob :wave:

clarky

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob.      Each baseboard is 42'' x 16'' and I've done the outside of the front of the maintenance shed so far using 2 boards (so it's 42" x 32")    As soon as I've finished this, I'm going to do some loco building and then do the inside of the shed using two more boards of the same size.  it's not exactly dimensionally accurate, but it's not too bad. After that, it's just working sideways to incorporate as much of the rest of the depot as I can.    That'll take me years!!  Cheers Graeme

clarky

Western Thunderer
The extra ballast arrived this morning!  Excellent service, since I only ordered it yesterday!    Clarky 

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Very nice :drool:very atmospheric why not make it so that it is connectible  to a layout it would make a fantastic addition

Ian

clarky

Western Thunderer
That's an excellent idea!  I'm certainly up for that.  Can we do Temple Meads in 7mm between us?   

Western Thunderer
clarky said:
That's an excellent idea!  I'm certainly up for that.  Can we do Temple Meads in 7mm between us? 

The sound of this layout gets better & better.  :thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
We'll give you a couple more weeks to crack on & finish Bath Road then  ;D........so we can all get stuck into Temple Meads  :))  ;)

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Phill Dyson said:
What like Bristol Temple Meads in 7mm ?  :eek: :))

who rattled your cage, still its a good idea phill you can lay the track, wire the track, build the station. paint the station, and the canopies and every body else can watch, cos you are so good at it :)) :))
Ian

Western Thunderer
iploffy said:
who rattled your cage, still its a good idea phill you can lay the track, wire the track, build the station. paint the station, and the canopies and every body else can watch, cos you are so good at it :)) :))
Ian

Can you also 'sing the theme tune' (Little Britain).....  ;D :D

Western Thunderer
Hi Clarky,

Just found this, by accident on derbysultzers.com

Steve

Attachments

• 7074bristolbw.jpg
    7074bristolbw.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 25

clarky

Western Thunderer
Great picture Steve.  Happy days indeed!  I've just about finished the ballasting. There're a few bits to fix and the point blades and lever to complete.  And I've found a pair of missing fishplates - Don't know how that happened!

Attachments

• IMG00132-20110417-1344[1].jpg
    IMG00132-20110417-1344[1].jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 22

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Top Stuff Graeme :bowdown: :bowdown:. You say "buildings next" please explain more :thumbs: . Are you building some more different ones or adding detail to the ones already done.
Cant wait for the next installment :thumbs: :drool:

Rob :wave:

clarky

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob.    I've got the windows and doors to do in the office block and the surrounding blue needs another coat of paint.  Also, I've got to paint the concrete parts (any help with colour suggestions would be most appreciated, because the Railmatch 'Concrete' is far too green and I need to find something else!). Then there's the front of the shed, since most of the left half is just leaning together and isn't actually joined up yet.  Then that needs painting too. I need to put oil stains in the 4 foot as well.  I've been very restrained (for me) and stuck to having only one loco and the depot itself as work in progress.  1611 is complete and 7070 is almost done, except for the numbers on one side and the hoses at No.1 end. When that's done, I'm probably going to attack my other Hymek.  As soon as the outside of the shed's complete, It'll be the ionside of the shed next.  Graeme   

clarky

Western Thunderer
Oops sorry!  That should be the 'B'End, not the No.1 End!    I served my apprenticeship at Derby Loco Works on Peaks, 25s and HST Power Cars.  We had 1s and 2s, not As and Bs!