Full Size British Railways in the 1960s Southern Region / G Plumb

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Not having the slightest interest in matters Southern, I came to this by a slightly circuitous route:

Through an image search for an industrial railway topic I dropped onto a delightfully named website -https://plumbloco.smugmug.com/

This was the image that led me there: GMP_Slide700_TheBursar_Wroxton_OxfordshireIronstone_220564 so I guessed it might be a productive diversion!

Problem is I can't abide looking at railway pictures on a small screen, so the enticement of the photographer' Geoff Plumb's first publication in May was too much to resist.

Mostly his own work and almost all in colour, this is a high quality visual trip throughout the Southern network showing an equal balance of locomotive portraits and lineside action shots, with a plentiful selection from the Isle of Wight.

Top quality images and publication, I eagerly await the next work from this skilled photographer.
Until I received this book the Southern held little appeal for me - I am now enlightened......

Plumb Loco.jpg

Last edited:

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Delighted to note that you've eventually seen the light.....:)

Brian

I'm so enlightened, I may even dig out the Southern Railway compartment mirror I've had stored in the shed since I removed it (with permission) from a coach before it was shunted inside King's Snailwell cremation facility back in 1969/70!

Tony