Brushs Laser Cutting and 3d Printing workbench

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Port Isaac signal box - looks like the brick between the stone locking room and the window bases replaced the earlier woodwork planking. Some of the boxes on the line retained the planking until closure - inc Delabole iirc. I suspect those in more exposed locations had the woodwork replaced.

Don't forget that some of the boxes of that design were brick - Tresmere for example - and there were left and right hand versions. If you produced the box as a commercial kit it could give you some good options for variety.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
These were not the shots I was looking for but will do for now...

post-6675-0-02863000-1512851048_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-03266100-1406405559_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-03525600-1406405579_thumb.jpg
The single storey section was a little truncated in length compared to drawings we found after I made it. Typical!

post-7025-0-63281800-1406405568_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-65015800-1512850214_thumb.jpg Signal box made by John Wardle.

post-6675-0-52008000-1512850372_thumb.jpg
My own waiting shelter, which originally did have a tiled floor but appears to be AWOL in this shot.

(all 4mm 00 in case anyone didn't know)

Last edited:

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Superb modelling Chris. :bowdown:

Thanks chap. Those buildings were made about 16 years ago and were a first use of the Wills stone sheets. They survived the exhibition circuit quite well - mainly down to being removable and stored in padded boxes between shows. I do however tend towards battleship construction techniques!

I got into my head you'd be at Kettering yesterday. Obviously you weren't! I was struck by the large number of stands selling laser cut products. I must say I was less than impressed with some of the output - a million miles away from what you have achieved with that waiting shelter. Your work is certainly at the top of the pile IMO. :thumbs:

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
I got into my head you'd be at Kettering yesterday. Obviously you weren't! I was struck by the large number of stands selling laser cut products. I must say I was less than impressed with some of the output - a million miles away from what you have achieved with that waiting shelter. Your work is certainly at the top of the pile IMO. :thumbs:

I was undercover yesterday! I caught up with a lot of people and missed many more. I missed the WT meet if there was one?!

I did have a look at the competition and just now I think we all have our market space. Very little cross over and a good range to suit pocket and quality. I spoke to the show organisers and with a little luck I’ll be at Doncaster and definitely Telford.

Come and say hello.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Pity I missed you. I was at the Finney7 stand for 11 but I don't think any other WTers were. I only caught up with Heather towards closing time. I did have some drawings with me to discuss with you...

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
A low relief terraced house I’ve been meaning to get sorted.

There will be a few options and I’ll make a long run if anyone asks me.

My mum will add slates and chimney next week.

View attachment 100257 View attachment 100256

Very nice job on the brickwork.

In the bottom photo the mid level horizontals of the sash windows look like they overlap rather than align behind each other like most I've seen. Is this just an illusion in the photos or are the sashes too tall? (Hope you don't mind the observation)

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Very nice job on the brickwork.

In the bottom photo the mid level horizontals of the sash windows look like they overlap rather than align behind each other like most I've seen. Is this just an illusion in the photos or are the sashes too tall? (Hope you don't mind the observation)

It’s a shadow, they are aligned ok

Hopefully this is a better picture..

C67AF840-90D5-4EBA-9777-969FDC38228A.jpeg

The joins between houses can be hidden with down pipes or I’ll cut out multiple houses in a single run.

Last edited:

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
I presume your sash windows are assembled from a number of components? Out of interest, how is glazing accommodated on the overlap?

I've not forgotten I need to send you some scans...

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
I presume your sash windows are assembled from a number of components? Out of interest, how is glazing accommodated on the overlap?

I've not forgotten I need to send you some scans...

I design in space for glazing. The sash bars are very thin, but there is still a small overlap to hide the edge of the glazing.

Reactions: AJC