Ceci n'est pas une pipe - after the deluge: reworking Ratio

57xx_

What a fantastic find this thread is. I'm just embarking on the same journey of using the Ratio kit with Morgan Design chassis.

Whose axleboxes did you use here Adam? I've been looking around but haven't found anyone who does the larger style GWR OK oilboxes yet.

AJC

Western Thunderer
What a fantastic find this thread is. I'm just embarking on the same journey of using the Ratio kit with Morgan Design chassis.

Whose axleboxes did you use here Adam? I've been looking around but haven't found anyone who does the larger style GWR OK oilboxes yet.

Good luck! I think I just reused the Ratio ones - or whatever the original wagon had with it, this was a rescue - is there anything in the MJT range? They’re not that hard to make from scratch, but I can understand why you’d rather not…

Adam

57xx_

The ones in my kits are nothing like any GWR oil box. I did have a look at MJT. They certainly do the smaller OK boxes, I can't see ones that like the larger journal ones, Certainly not as ones with the right springs and shackles. I need to have another look to see if the ones on the springs with J hangers are close, maybe they could be adapted.