Class 08 details - what are these bits?

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Photos of D3358 at the Mid Hants Railway.

What is the purpose of the inlet (outlet?) pipe under the buffer plank?

What is the purpose of the round black body to the immediate right of the foot step?

Are either of these fittings contemporary with an engine in BR days?
MHR Cl08-c.jpg

What is the purpose of the fitting which appears to be mounted on the lever (attached to the end of the brake cross-shaft)?
MHR Cl08-a.jpg

Here is the other end of the horizontal rod to be seen in the above photo. Is this fitting original?
MHR Cl08-b.jpg

Thank you, Graham

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
Photos of D3358 at the Mid Hants Railway.

Going from memory, I'm fairly sure that's the fuel filler.

What is the purpose of the round black body to the immediate right of the foot step?
I'm not sure - it's possibly where the fuel is transferred from the filler pipe up the main tanks in from of the cab. It's probably some kind of non-return valve, or possibly a filter. It's definitely fuel related, based on the colour of the pipe and it's heading in the general direction of the fuel tank.
At what time in BR days? The pipe under the buffer beam has always been in the same place AFAIK. I'm not sure about the other bit, but it's probably original if it is either of the things I mentioned above.

What is the purpose of the fitting which appears to be mounted on the lever (attached to the end of the brake cross-shaft)?

Here is the other end of the horizontal rod to be seen in the above photo. Is this fitting original?
No idea on the other bits, some sort of slack adjuster, perhaps?

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Fuel filler, one each side, joined by a transverse pipe.

Fuel fill gate valve.

Yes, fitted to all 08 as far as I'm aware.

Brake automatic slack adjuster.