Class 121 bubble car - W55035

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

I've been asked to paint a Bachmann 121 in Blue/Grey livery and I have quite a few photos of the class in this finish, but I need a close-up of the Black 'TOPS' panel that was affixed to the lower front left on the cab front - do any of you have such a photo, or suggestions for likely websites? - I have tried Flickr and Brian Daniels own site.

thanks in anticipation.

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Phil,

many thanks for the pointer, had a look, but as you say, not all of the site is back on line yet - hopefully will be soon.

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
now received the transfers from Precission Labels and well pleased with them - a good £5s worth - for a total of 9 sets, incuding the C1 restriction above the panel and the lifting information below. All thats needed now is for me to finish the painting!

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

many thanks for the enquiry, but afraid not - I've been laid up with the flue which has kept me out of the workshop and since then, found it hard to build up much enthusiasm to do any modelling. Having said that, I only have the blue to apply - it seems to have taken forever to get this far, transfers and underframe detailing should be done by the weekend, so photos should appear early next week - with luck:(

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
a couple of sneak previews taken while the paint was hardening off, prior to the application of the lining and transfers.

IMG_2663.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

IMG_2666.JPG
cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Phil,

I'm only painting this one, there is an Easybuild kit to do as a Sandite - livery yet to be decided upon - when I finish the Southern Inspection Saloon, which will be re-started when this Bubble is finished.

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Phil,

I quite like it, Bachmann seem to have got 'quite close' with this one - certainly the bodywork, I have not checked the underfloor bits and bobs, but the buffer beam detail is good. If one came up on ebay at the right price, I could be more than tempted.

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Westernfan,

it is all pre-fitted, but I do know that Westdale do a nice set of castings for DMU buffer beams - they are not on the internet or email, but give Dick Taylor a ring - 01628 482493 and discuss your requirements.

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
all done bar the varnish, so here goes.........

IMG_2667.JPGIMG_2668.JPGIMG_2669.JPGIMG_2670.JPGIMG_2671.JPGIMG_2672.JPG

Roof paint is Halfords - Plastic Bumper colour. The silver exhaust is Berol Calligraphy Metallic Marker - Silver Stream nd the jumper terminals are Humbrol matt white, applied with a 5/0 artists brush, the chassis is Halfords Satin Black. The remainder are all Railmatch enamels, airbrushed with a Badger 100, - the TOPS panel etc on the front is from Precision Decals - John Peck- wonderful job as usual, the lining, numbers, wording etc are from HMRS Pressfix sheets 15 & 23.

A pleasing job to do, especially as a 'recovery' project from the flue!

cheers

Mike

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Very nice job Mike :bowdown:..............with the glazing & some subtle weathering it will look really nice :cool:

BTW the bumper paint is bang on for the roof colour ;)

Cheers Phill :thumbs: