Class 121 bubble car - W55035

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Hi Mike, It looks great you have done a good job:thumbs:
As Phill says with some glazing and a subtle weathering it will look superb;):cool:
Ross.........:thumbs:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Phill and Ross,

thanks for your kind comments, but both out of my hands I'm afraid, it will be handed over as it is, much as I would have liked to have done the weathering. Lets hope my Easybuild Sandite version turns out ok - next but one on teh to do list.

cheers

Mike

D1054

Western Thunderer
Looks a lovely job, Mike, and I only hope the proud owner will share some pics of the finished article. Looking forward to your Sandite too!:thumbs:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi D1054

Many thanks for the comment, I'd love to do some weathering on it, but will have to be patient and wait and do the Sandite. One of the appealing factots is that there is such a choice of livery, SWT looks favourite at the moment.

I understand that the owner lives in the Bristol area, so some way from the Wirral, but I'll ask the question of the guy that is doing the 'fit-out' and DCC work.

cheers

Mike

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike
Thats looks the part , I wonder if it will have Severn Beach on the destination blind ? thanks for the contact details .

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
glad you like it.

In 1970, W55035 was allocated to 82A Bristol and 'retired' from revenue service in 1978 and became Departmental ADB 975659 as a route learning vehicle.

Dick Taylor is a great guy to deal with and as I said earlier, the qualityof his castings is very good.

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi CME,

Thanks for the comment. I just like putting myself 'through the hoop' trying to do the multi liveries - and it brightens up the layout as well.

cheers

Mike

TimC

Hi Mike

Just catching up on the posts here. Excellent work! What prep was required on the brass? A good rub down/sand blast or what?

Many thanks in advance.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Tim,

glad you like it. Firstly, I removed the door grab handles as they would have interfered with the lining (the guy that was doing the inside was pleased as it meant that he could fix the windows in his usual manner and superglue the handles on at the end) I was unsure as to the age of the model, so I gave it two overnight soaks in my viakal solution and a good rinse afterwards, left it to dry overnight and then applied a couple of thin coats of Halfords Acid 8 etch primer. Then finished off as above and finally applied three coats of Johnston's Klear to provide the protection to the transfers and give the model a slight gloss finish.

It's now back to doing the Southern Inspection Saloon.

cheers

Mike