Covid Colliery

LarryG

Western Thunderer
When we have learned to live with the current 'Eppi'', I wonder if someone will come up with an exhibition layout with a name like Covid Quarry or Delta Colliery to cash in on the mood. Industrial engines might carry names like, Omecron, Booster, Sir Whitty, Lockdown, Lady Floe Test and suchlike. We Brits have a talent for oddly named layouts from Soar Throte and Itchybum End to Emma Royd Junction etc etc.

Light-hearted nonsense on this closed-down Wales New Years Day.

Neil

Western Thunderer
A day for the great outdoors. Most of Tywyn seemed to be blowing the cobwebs away on the prom this afternoon. One person with far greater fortitude than me was actually having a swim in the surf.

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

jcm@gwr

We (some fellow club members and I) started a new layout early 2020, shortly before the first lockdown.
Based on a fictitious branch off the ECML, sort of Cambridge area, '60's ish, named Bubbleton (it'll be
operated with mainly 'bubble cars'). We continued the build during lockdown, no name change, but the
warehouse, served by the private sidings (separate Inglenook), is numbered C19, and there'll be other,
subtle references, like adverts/posters promoting trips to Loch Doune, etc

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
Loch Doune there is a layout name but should it have been spelt "Doon"

For those who fancy a welsh themed layout what about "Cyfyngiadau Symud" or a Cornish one "Goonfloren"

Marc