Crane Locomotives

AJC

Western Thunderer
Next step will be to add 'Southern' lettering to the sidetanks. But I really need to add a number as well. Ideally an unallocated number, but I can't seem to find any lists of Southern loco numbers to avoid duplication. Does anyone have suggestions where I might find this sort of info?

Cheers
Mike

A bit late since you've gone for LSWR - though the Southern might not have relettered quickly, or just put a new number on! - but such an engine would have been numbered in the departmental series with an 'S' suffix ('DS' prefix under BR) so you can legitimately choose any number you like...

Adam

spikey faz

Western Thunderer
A bit late since you've gone for LSWR - though the Southern might not have relettered quickly, or just put a new number on! - but such an engine would have been numbered in the departmental series with an 'S' suffix ('DS' prefix under BR) so you can legitimately choose any number you like...

Adam
My decision was also aided by the discovery of an old set of Pressfix transfers that I bought back on the 1980s! But thank you for your suggestion. I'll bear it in mind if I build a departmental loco.

Cheers
Mike

Reactions: AJC

AJC

Western Thunderer
My decision was also aided by the discovery of an old set of Pressfix transfers that I bought back on the 1980s! But thank you for your suggestion. I'll bear it in mind if I build a departmental loco.

Cheers
Mike

I'm a big fan of the thrift, too (and the LSWR lettering is very classy). A lovely model of a handsome thing. Bradley's books on LSWR locos almost certainly have details of LSWR departmental loco numbering - but the only example I can think of off the top of my head was Mr Drummond's 'Bug', numbered in the main LSWR series, 733.

Adam