Croft Early GWR

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Mike,
could you show us a plan/sketch of how and what you fitted into 30ft? It is rather impressive.
Thanks
Simon

Mikemill

Western Thunderer
Simon

Here are a few pics of the first phase of Croft construction, that shows around 15ft of the layout.
DSC_0007A.jpgDSC_0002B.jpgDSC_0023A.jpgDSC_0002A copy.jpgDSC_0001-001.JPGI wanted to operate points as the prototype, so I devised a system that uses a servo to change the points and micro switch to change polarity, this in turn is controlled by a point lever that turns a servo tester card to control the servo. The point levers are set in a row as in a signal box.

Mike

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Mike,
thank you. Somehow you have fitted a large amount of big railway in a small space. It is all very impressive and has got that itch going again. Hmmmm.
Simon

michael mott

Western Thunderer
As to time I used to work making props and sets for the film industry, where you have to work to very short time limits, thus I am used to making things quickly.
Back in 1964 I worked for Allmodels Engineering in Acton, we also made film props and assorted models I understand the wanting everything yesterday mentality of the film industry.

Mike, your thread about the 4 wheel carriages has inspired me to make a dia. 40 V2 panel van shown on page 51 of part one of J H Russell's Pictorial history of Great Western Coaches. I see you have one in 1/32 as well. Unfortunately I only have an old Jet Mill/drill from 1977 that I purchased 2nd hand when i started my model building company here in Canada after emigrating in 1967 from London.
I am going to start a thread about my card carriage so as not to clog up this thread.

This layout was an inspiration the first time I saw it here.

Michael