7mm Cropsham - Notice of Closure!

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
The demolition squad moved in on the old Cropsham over last week-end and disassembly began in earnest. The shunting board with the sector plate was stripped of track and wiring and then partially taken apart then re-assembled with the sector plate now on the opposite of the frame. As usual, what appeared to be a simple job turned out to require a little more stripping down of components as I had forgotten that the sector plate was arranged with the internal longitudinal support slightly off-centre in the main frame. Heigh ho - guess I must just be a masochist :rolleyes::mad:! Notwithstanding the job is now done and ready for building upon.

My very best wishes to you all - more progress reports as and when.........;)

Roger.

Last edited:

jonte

Western Thunderer
Hi Roger

I do like quarts into pint pots layouts, and this sounds like a prime example :thumbs: ‘Back of envelope/fag packet’ plans are right up my ‘not-so-computer-savvy-street’ , so will more than suffice here :thumbs: I think your eloquent description does the job quite adequately in lieu of a sketch, and if I’m right, it sounds as though you’ve achieved the maximum in such a small area without ‘cramming’, Roger.

Sorry to read that the stripping down of the original proved a little more frustrating than at first anticipated, but glad that I’m not alone in this ;) This great hobby of ours really can test our patience at times :rant:

Will keep my eyes peeled for further reports of progress, Roger, which hopefully should be a little more frequent now that you’re on the mend :thumbs:

Cheers,

Jon

Roger Pound

Western Thunderer
It is with great sadness but after long and serious consideration that due to poor health of late, I have reached the decision to abandon this project. Regrettably, considering my age and with the approach of winter which precludes my working in my garage, I can no longer imagine in my wildest dreams that Cropsham will achieve even the minimum level of completion. It will not be the first time I have left 7mm scale, but undoubtedly will be the last and thus it is my intention to dispose of my entire 7mm material and stock.

I shall continue with my hobby in the smaller scales - Whatborough Yard and an as yet not featured on this forum 009 layout which has been dormant for nine months or more. Whilst appreciating that these pursuits may not be of interest to those of you who have encouraged my humble efforts in 7mm scale with Cropsham and it's predecessors, may I most sincerely thank you for your kindness and that encouragement. I shall hope and trust that some of you will still find some entertainment in my ramblings on my adventures in the smaller scales, which I hope to 'air' from time to time :).

Don't feel sorry for me, chaps - this is just what the military would call a 'strategic regrouping' - or - put another way, a bit of common sense :cool:!

Cheers,
Roger.

jonte

Western Thunderer
It is with great sadness but after long and serious consideration that due to poor health of late, I have reached the decision to abandon this project. Regrettably, considering my age and with the approach of winter which precludes my working in my garage, I can no longer imagine in my wildest dreams that Cropsham will achieve even the minimum level of completion. It will not be the first time I have left 7mm scale, but undoubtedly will be the last and thus it is my intention to dispose of my entire 7mm material and stock.

I shall continue with my hobby in the smaller scales - Whatborough Yard and an as yet not featured on this forum 009 layout which has been dormant for nine months or more. Whilst appreciating that these pursuits may not be of interest to those of you who have encouraged my humble efforts in 7mm scale with Cropsham and it's predecessors, may I most sincerely thank you for your kindness and that encouragement. I shall hope and trust that some of you will still find some entertainment in my ramblings on my adventures in the smaller scales, which I hope to 'air' from time to time :).

Don't feel sorry for me, chaps - this is just what the military would call a 'strategic regrouping' - or - put another way, a bit of common sense :cool:!

Cheers,
Roger.

A rational decision under the circumstances, Roger, but nevertheless sad to read that a chapter of your modelling life has ended.

Still, we have Whatborough and ‘009’ to look forward to which will keep you busy for sometime to come, Roger ;)

Onwards and upwards :thumbs:

Jon