7mm CRT 1361 class

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
Hi has anyone built a CRT 1361 class loco kit? If yes how is the chassis constructed? I'm looking to build one in S7 but if I have to scratch built a chassis as the original one can't have horn blocks fitted then I might as well scratch built the lot.
Marc

daifly

Western Thunderer
@simond had a very big fight with it’s sister 1366 from CRT several years ago and, I suspect, may talk you out of it!
Dave

rusty

Hi Marc. I did give the 1361 CRT kit a try some several years ago also working to S7 standards but gave up. I suggest scratch building is the better option.
Julian R

ullypug

Western Thunderer
Can't speak for 7mm, but I have built two of the 4mm offering from CSP which is a shot down version of the 7mm. has guides for horn block cut outs. I'm sure they would sell you just the chassis if you need it. They did for me.
CSP 1361 kit

simond

Western Thunderer
I believe the Agenoria one might be worth a look, given they’re under new ownership.

Chris @Pencarrow had a fight with an earlier one of them -in 1366 guise

it’s a shame as the 1361 & 1366 are nice little locos, ideal for a smaller layout.

I believe there is a sound chip available too. Can’t recall the source.

there was a set of drawings for the 1361, somebody had drawn a set of sheet metal parts, all you had to do was cut it out, fold it up, and solder it together…. (And source all the castings). I suspect I have a copy, which I will dig out, but not for a couple of weeks.

I also have a CRT 1361 to build, I bought it at the same time as the 1366, over twenty years ago. You can feel the enthusiasm…

Phil O

Western Thunderer
I have built a CSP 1361 chassis, in 4mm, most of which was quite straightforward, but getting the slide bars and the brackets were something of a pain, to get the cross heads to perform adequately.

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
A few years ago I bought some printed stick on drawings with the intention of modifying them and turning them into a kit. They were very basic but for £2.5 I thought they were worth a punt. I got a whole lot of them as something to look at in the future.
Maybe now is the time to pull them out of the filing cabinet.
Marc