D1041 Western Prince

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Very little 'Action' in my workshop at the moment :( , but apart from servicing a few loco's ready for the summer. I have however been playing around with these Guilplates . I have never been really happy with the Shawplan plates on my Western , I like the depth & shape of the Guilplates much better but they are brass unfortunately, so I have experimented with painting them to give them that un-polished aluminium look so typical of the diesel era. This is the second attempt & I quite like the result :)

[attachment=0:3ft9ol0y]XL803581.JPG[/attachment:3ft9ol0y]

Cheers Phill :geek:

Attachments

• XL803581.JPG
    XL803581.JPG
    413.6 KB · Views: 81

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
"Unpolished" is certainly the word for Western Prince...!!! :lol:
Nice 'tarnished' look you've got there, Phill.

I'm after some alternative ways to paint etched plates- I had a bit of trouble with the Shed & Works plates on my Class 22, and would like to improve for my Class 14. I have SevernMill un-painted plates.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Cheers guys :D ,
First I stripped them back to bare brass. I then primed them with Halfords primer & then left them in a warm place for a few days, I then painted them Humbrol silver & left them for a few days again . I then painted them with Games Workshop kaos black(acrylic) & wiped then with a piece of note paper to get the kaos black off the raised areas.I will give them another coat of black & wipe them again as they look a little patchy in the pic ..........although they look fine in the flesh, camera never lies eh :roll: :lol:
Cheers Phill

28ten

Guv'nor
I thought the worn look was intended :D I shall have a go into the local games workshop and get some paint and try it on some old plates

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Cheers Rob :thumbs: ....I must say all those Western names & numbers on the 'Action' board index is making me go weak at the knees :drool: :lol:

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:
Cheers Rob :thumbs: ....I must say all those Western names & numbers on the 'Action' board index is making me go weak at the knees :drool: :lol:

Me too - perhaps we could do all 74 members of the class between us? :lol:

If I'd won the Euromillions last night (which I didn't :( ), I would have treated us all to several large white boxes! :cool:

Regards

Dan

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Dan Randall said:
If I'd won the Euromillions last night (which I didn't :( ), I would have treated us all to several large white boxes! :cool:
If you won the Euromillions you could treat us to the Company.. :lol: :thumbs: !!! Then we could drop the prices... :p :p :p

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Jordan said:
[quote=""Dan Randall"":3a1pp5xx]

If you won the Euromillions you could treat us to the Company.. :lol: :thumbs: !!! Then we could drop the prices... :p :p :p[/quote:3a1pp5xx]
If you won the Euromillions you probably wouldnt be in this country, you would have moved somewhere warmer :wave:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
lancer1027 said:
Just a quick question Phill, Is Prince to be your next western?
No , the Western I already have started out as D1041 & It will revert back to this Identity (probably when I re-shape the windscreens). The next one will probably be Western Nobleman ;)