7mm Dan's S7 Workbench - JLTRT Mk1s

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
30th August 2015

Actually, it's not my workbench at all - I popped round to see my friend Richard Billington last night. He's a fellow S7 modeller living less than a 10 minute drive from me and as an added bonus, he models BR Western Region too. :thumbs:

Richard has been working on a couple of JLTRT Mk1s of late and this chocolate & cream SK was looking rather splendid in it's recently applied paint (with apologies for the rather dodgy mobile phone piccies)....

IMG_RB01.jpg

IMG_RB02.jpg

IMG_RB03.jpg

IMG_RB04.jpg

The Commonwealth bogies are temporary and will be replaced with BR1s in due course. There is still some work to do on the roof, followed by a little weathering, but I was most impressed.

Previous to this, Richard built a maroon BCK from the same stable (which again, needs weathering), so I thought it would make a nice comparison....

IMG_RB05.jpg

IMG_RB06.jpg

IMG_RB07.jpg

IMG_RB08.jpg

He has another unmade kit in his stash, but says he's a little "coached out" at the moment, so it may be a while before before you see any pictures of that one. In the meantime, I'll continue pestering him to join WT and start his own workbench thread. :)

Regards

Dan

Last edited: