Dave's Industrial Steam (and diesel) Gallery

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
:rolleyes: I dunno Dave; we've warned you before about posting pics of the real thing and trying to pass them off as models .... :rant: :rolleyes:
... and don't think anyone is going to be fooled by Photoshopping out the smoke and steam and turning them into fake "colour" pictures to try & enhance a 'model' effect, either..... :confused: :mad: :p

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
The reality...
Yeah, right :rolleyes: - listen Dave, you've been warned enough before on this thread about posting photos of the real thing, then photoshopping them into colour and adding fake backscenes to make them look like model shots :confused:
... this has got to stop..!!! mad0257.gif

Debs.

Western Thunderer
My modelling-enthusiasm is always greatly boosted when`er I look at Dave`s modelling..........they represent a true inspiration for me (and I`m sure for many-others too!): although it takes me a long time to complete any of my models.......Bury, Thorn & Sons Ltd. represents in quality and atmosphere, what I`d most like to achieve!:thumbs:

Wonderful modelling Dave. Really inspirational and that video is brilliant.

Wish I'd found this sooner.

Cheers,

Mark

ceejaydee

Western Thunderer
The sound on the video is very well matched... now if you get your wagons to creak and squeal too ;)

Lovely industrial dereliction :thumbs:

Dave

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the nice comments, chaps and chapesses.

I've recently been given an old picture, dated 1893, of what is believed to be Bury, Thorn & Sons first locomotive.

DSC00918a.jpg

The reality...

DSC00918.JPG

Manning Wardle class F, built from the Slaters kit. It's well out of period for the layout but I liked the look of it. I haven't got it to work properly yet though. The chassis was a real PITA to put together and I've not made a very good job of it. At the moment I can't test it as my Dynamis is kaput so I haven't bothered chipping it either but the wheelbase is so short that it won't fit on my 12v DC rollers. I may have to buy a couple of lengths of track to test it on with DC but if it won't run properly it'll end up in a display case.

Evening Dave,

Beautiful modelling as ever and certainly deserves to run well after all the work you've put in to her.

Cheers,

Mark