Does anyone know what happened to the Backwoods range?

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
A quick search has revealed the Backwoods Miniatures range was acquired by N-Drive Productions.

How much of the range was acquired is not made apparent however some OO9 and OOn3 items are mentioned on their website.

Perhaps an enquiry to the new owner may enlighten.

Herb Garden

Western Thunderer
They stopped trading for health reasons

Some of the ranges have been sold but not all to one place.

The 4mm and 7mm narrow gauge ranges seem to have moved on but the two 4mm standard gauge kits seem to have not moved on as yet and so are very much hens teeth.

I'm lucky to have one of each in my must get round to that pile

Rob R

Western Thunderer
Talking of Hens Teeth, if anyone has a Backwoods S/Sn3 Mack Railbus kit sat around going spare..............

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
I was after a Sn3.5 vertical boiler steamer.
I have contacted N-drive but I don't think they will have taken the Sn3.5 stuff on but I could be wrong.

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Hi Marc
Just seen this on FB 009 modelling, seems John Sutton is selling some items, the only JS I know is of the 3mm society.
Any use?
Cheers Julian Screenshot_20240207-201222.png

Chris Veitch

Western Thunderer
Hi Marc
Just seen this on FB 009 modelling, seems John Sutton is selling some items, the only JS I know is of the 3mm society.
Any use?
Cheers Julian View attachment 208739
I suspect it’s more like to be this John Sutton: John Sutton Models. I do wonder what happened to the other one as I always enjoyed his Southwell articles in MRJ but haven’t seen anything from him for some years now.