Doncaster Festival Of British Railway Modeling Sat 11th & Sun 12th Feb

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Dennis-rs and myself turned up today and saw the above mentioned lads (all of them sober too :p ). Not a bad show in all fairness

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Yes it was a reasonable show, suppose ive been too used to pure O gauge shows so forgot just how small other gauges are. And Mark is correct, we all were sober and that included ME;).
Some nice layouts and well supported with traders:thumbs:.
Nice to meet up with Marsa69 and Dennis-rs.
Rob

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Great day for me too:) ..........nice to meet up with Ross, Rob, Steve, DennisRS & Marsa :thumbs:

Picked up one of those MTH Stanier full brakes imported from the USA for me by Ross........thanks Ross :):thumbs:.
I also picked up a Delrin set for my MFYE Wezzy when I do it & some MK1 roofs from Easy Build. For the long winter evenings I picked up some books Working Wagons 1968-1973 by David Larkin, Southern Branch Lines by Michael Welch & Western Branch Lines by David Soggee & Martin Welch.

Cheers Phill :D

Western Thunderer
Agree with above. A good day out. :)

I picked up 4 ferry wagons i bought off Phill, last september !!!. :p & a set of bogies for a coach, converting out of 2 Big Big coaches, from Easy Build.

Also got my eye on a few books, to follow, for Bdays & xmas. :D

Steve :thumbs:

Pennine MC

Western Thunderer
Visited today, as we have every year since it went back to Donny. TBH I like the show, it's a bit like a sort of mini-Warley, with the advantage of being less than an hour down the road and not needing new shoe leather when you come out:confused:

Liked the 7mm terminus layout, Birtley something or other with a nice A8 and other locos, and always an interesting selection of trade with some names not often seen 'oop North'. Catering though was frankly abysmal, with half the outlets closed and a poor selection on the others; wont be trusting that next year.

Western Thunderer
Visited today, as we have every year since it went back to Donny. TBH I like the show, it's a bit like a sort of mini-Warley, with the advantage of being less than an hour down the road and not needing new shoe leather when you come out:confused:

Liked the 7mm terminus layout, Birtley something or other with a nice A8 and other locos, and always an interesting selection of trade with some names not often seen 'oop North'. Catering though was frankly abysmal, with half the outlets closed and a poor selection on the others; wont be trusting that next year.

Thought food was expensive for what you got. I had steak cob, 4.50 with onions, didnt want onions, had lettece, which i was charged an extra 50p !!!. :rant: Next year, have BIG brekkie & take a drink !! :thumbs:.

Steve :thumbs:

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Had a great time, bought the same 2 Martin Welch books as Phill which are excellent, got a job lot of the old style Easybuild windows (free gratis) 8 roofs for the job lot of Lima Mk1's I got given. Also picked up some of the "Chemically Blackened" 3ft 7in wheelsets from Easybuild too, these are for the MTH Staniers I got imported from the USA as I could'nt get hold of any 2 rail ones so re-wheeling was the only option...
Great to meet up with everyone, dont think Rob (Lancer) is ever going to live last years hangover at Telford down, (which incidently he blames me for:)) :D ) The food was a bit pricey and the portions were less (Phill I refer to your Pie, Mash and Mushy Peas) Rob and I paid £7 for a beef and onion baguette, coffee and a bag of crisps which I think was a bit steep!
Otherwise a great show :thumbs: Ross.....

Pennine MC

Western Thunderer
Thought food was expensive for what you got.

Oh, agreed. The sarnies we were looking at (but decided to pass on) were distinctly unappetising (though a fraction better than those at York racecourse). I said to my mate that you'd probably pay the same in Starbucks but it'd be hot, and edible.

Forgot to say one of the first things we saw as we came in was the weathered HJ 26 on St Marnock. It was like, 'do I sell a kidney, or some of my 4mm locos':))