Scattergun Duck End videos

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
Thats fine Jamie - to be honest, embedded videos are generally preferred to links I think :)
Great find, roll on summer.
Steve

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
You have set me off a little surf to see if I can find either of the Duck End originals Jamie :)
It appears the SVHS masters are still about but the owner (Peter Strange) doesn't think they are technically good enough for digital conversion.
Thats a shame, I don't mind things not being razor sharp - I bet they ooze atmosphere, and its G1 in the garden - whats not to like!
Steve

Source of info Classic O Gauge forum, hope they don't mind the link.
Original discussion started here.

jamiepage

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the links, Steve. I too would be happy with whatever standard could be achieved. It would be nice to think digital versions could become available.
Jamie

Simon

Flying Squad
Very nice, shot on the same garden railway as the Duck End duo. (Day trip to and return to)

The first film is the simplest but also the best, not least as a lot of it is shot in moonlight.

I thought I had the video around here somewhere but it appears to have gone awol - it's well worth watching.

The same people produced "Juniper Junction" but I decided not to stock it as I thought it was a bit "twee" to sell very well.

Simon

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Brilliant - really funny!!

And as for the railway - everything that is 'wrong' in scale terms, but so atmospheric!! Admittedly the music & sound effects helped, but it just goes to show that "atmosphere" is elusive, almost indefinable, cannot be glued on, & not reliant on 100% accuracy in modelling, either!!

Simon

Flying Squad
Terrific, I have just spent a very pleasant quarter of an hour or so.

The technical quality of the filming is incredibly impressive and the railway set in the garden looks incredibly "right" and I love the use of natural materials and the weathered look of things.

Utterly magical, thank you for flagging it up!

Simon