Video East Anglian blue

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Great stuff Phil, though it don't seem that far back to me ....:D and I noted the station master's glasses are still in fashion:p

ATB, Col.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
What a charming little film and great production values too. Although obviously filmed over a period longer than a day it all managed to hang together and tell a story. I only saw one continuity error (at around 20 mins in) where a Cl47-hauled train crosses a bridge and arrives in the station as a Cl37-hauled train, only to depart a couple of minutes later with a Cl47 at it's head...!

It's just a shame the film wasn't cleaned before digitising and the telecine is truly awful. :mad:

Steph

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
What a charming little film and great production values too. Although obviously filmed over a period longer than a day it all managed to hang together and tell a story. I only saw one continuity error (at around 20 mins in) where a Cl47-hauled train crosses a bridge and arrives in the station as a Cl37-hauled train, only to depart a couple of minutes later with a Cl47 at it's head...!

It's just a shame the film wasn't cleaned before digitising and the telecine is truly awful. :mad:

Steph

Yes a lovely little film – I know the EAFA works on a very limited budget which probably doesn't extend to cleaning the things before digitisation. But a pity nonetheless.

It is interesting to see how much of the 'old' (real?) railway still existed in those days, especially in the signalling and PW departments. The plastics factory is long gone as I suspect is most/all of the staff.

Richard

JimG

Western Thunderer

Probably due to the very much reduced number of ultrasonic film cleaners which must now be around in the industry with the great contraction of the UK laboratory industry in the past few years. Telecines at labs would always get their material run through the ultrasonics before transfer.

Jim.

B

boxbrownie

Me to, wonderful time slice. And I for one like the unprocessed and raw qualities.

B

boxbrownie

Welcome aboard Dave, nice to see you here.

cheers

Mike
Thank you Mike, I have not had much time this year for modelling but hopefully I will be getting back into it more often, which of course means trying to keep up with the gossip in the forums :)