paratom

Western Thunderer
I have been conversing with Norman Solomon with regards to having some points made for me and he is under the impression that Exactoscale no longer make the 4 bolt chairs although the EM gauge society has them for sale but could be old stock. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I would also like to know if you can mix Exactoscale chairs with C&L chairs and that they will sit at the same hieght. Exactoscale do a check rail chair for EM but the flangeway gap is 0.8mm which is not the 1.00mm requirement for EM. Has anyone used these for EM point work and had problems?

Thomas

AJC

Western Thunderer
I have been conversing with Norman Solomon with regards to having some points made for me and he is under the impression that Exactoscale no longer make the 4 bolt chairs although the EM gauge society has them for sale but could be old stock. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I would also like to know if you can mix Exactoscale chairs with C&L chairs and that they will sit at the same height. Exactoscale do a check rail chair for EM but the flangeway gap is 0.8mm which is not the 1.00mm requirement for EM. Has anyone used these for EM point work and had problems?

Thomas

I can't comment on supplies, but you can certainly mix C&L and Exactoscale chairs happily enough as I have done so. The check rail chairs work fine in my experience as well, but may not with Romford/Markits wheel profiles. I say may not because I'm not currently in a position to try the one loco I have with these wheels through the track I have with these chairs (I'm in Kent, the loco is in Somerset).

Adam

paratom

Western Thunderer
Would be interesting to know if you can use Romford/Markits wheels with the Exactoscale check rail chairs as I would imagine quite a few EM gauge modellers have them on their locos. I'm in the process of producing a Midland Railway check rail chair with a 1.00mm flangeway. If successful I might produce some GWR ones.