Flaxfield- A bucolic 1950s Suffolk backwater

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Hi Phil,

I have some( rather nice chrome jobs actually ), but frankly, I really didn't like the look when I offered them up. I felt they were rather intrusive. I used them way back on Sheep Lane and since then I've looked for more covert ways of inter board connection.

Like that idea though I have already drilled the holes for 6mm bolts and wing nuts. The other thought I had was to use a sprung pin such as this ( example only )

View attachment 220868

But there's no rush at present.

Rob

Rob,

Can I ask if you noticed them, when you saw Dewerstone at Taunton or Ruan at Bristol?

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Rob,

Can I ask if you noticed them, when you saw Dewerstone at Taunton or Ruan at Bristol?

Hi Phil,

I didn't have a look at Ruan. You were upstairs and I must admit I looked in, got as far as the EM Gauge society and meant to go back but never did.
I saw Dewerstone and we chatted but no, I didn't notice the clasps, which undermines my assertion that they're intrusive. However, to me, they are. I want all the inter-board connections out of sight, which they currently are.

Rob.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Rob,

They are out of sight as the drape that covers the legs and the detritus that we hide behind the layout is fixed high enough to cover the clips as well.

Might see you later.

Good morning Rob,

Following on here and 'the other place '.

If you wanted to continue with the SECR theme, you could go with an extension to the Sheppey Light beyond Leysdown i.e. Shellness.
Pretty flat and barren there, not much in the way of habitation.

Perhaps a 'what if' WW1 seaplane base?

Cheers, Nigel.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Rob,

They are out of sight as the drape that covers the legs and the detritus that we hide behind the layout is fixed high enough to cover the clips as well.

Might see you later.

Morning Phil,

I'm going to Wells tomorrow. I had thought to go today but I'm pre-booked for a number of domestic matters ahead of going on hols next week.

I think that the drape thing is the issue as I'm not intending to display Blackwater ( if it gets out ) at the usual height I display the others at. ( and when I do the drapes sit below the side of the layout anyway ) I'm thinking Blackwater will be placed on a table with any drapes over the table itself but not attached to the layout.

That's why I want a 'clean' side to the layout. It's just my preference.

Rob.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Rob,

I hope you enjoyed Wells yesterday. Did you manage to get some wheels for your errant Rapido wagon?