Forum upgrade - information and queries.

adrian

Flying Squad
One more subtle adjustment. I found visited links returned to the paler colour. Commented that out so visited links should remain vivid blue.

daifly

Western Thunderer
iPhone with all updates on Safari same as post #84.
Macbook with all updates on Safari, Opera and Firefox same as post #84.
iPad with all updates on Safari same as your post #85!
Most odd.

adrian

Flying Squad
iPhone with all updates on Safari same as post #84.
Macbook with all updates on Safari, Opera and Firefox same as post #84.
iPad with all updates on Safari same as your post #85!
Most odd.
My suspicion is that you are using the Flexile style. I’m viewing via the Default style. If that is the case I’m inclined to add it to the growing reasons to simply remove the Flexile styles.

daifly

Western Thunderer
You are quite correct. That is what I have preset on my devices (apart from the iPad!). Changing to "Default Style" shows the same as your post #82.
I shall make the necessary changes to all of my other devices. It's strange that the Xenforo Styling is linked to the device and not the individual user profile. Live and learn! Thanks for identifying the culprit.
Cheers
Dave

daifly

Western Thunderer
It can be any colour you like but I get Adrian's point about keeping to the colour palette of the default styling.
Dave

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
My suspicion is that you are using the Flexile style.
Adrian (@adrian),

I have configured my access to Flexile-2 after trying each of the four options which are available on the home page, this is a considered change from default style which is based upon how easy is the page appearance for readability and understanding. "Default" is not comfortable on the eye.

As to the internet links, I am having difficulty in spotting the links as described earlier in this topic. You may have noticed that when I insert a link in a page I set bold / underline / colour attributes to the string which leads to the URL, the reasoning is to make the link more obvious - I doubt that I am I the only "old fogie" with tired eyes.

regards, Graham

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Adrian (@adrian),

There are two features of the previous WT version which I cannot find in the current WT version... please help by telling me how to acheive:-

1/ a list of all topics that I have created - was available from the information tab on the profile page;

2/ a list of all of my posts to a specific topic - was available by RH click on the avatar of the required topic.

thank you, Graham

adrian

Flying Squad
Hi,

Hopefully it's even easier now - on the Forum tab, with either the landing page or the Whats New page on the row underneath there should be a "Find Threads" option.

1642802515702.png

Click on that and it should default to all your threads, there is the additional option for all threads with your posts.

1642802695618.png

For the second query that should be there and working. If you hover over your little mini icon on a thread it should pop up with a little note to indicate the number of messages and if you click on it then it should give you the relevant listing.

1642802815380.png

Boyblunder

Western Thunderer
On some posts I'm seeing what I guess is HTML script, is it just me? I'm using a laptop Dell G5 with Windows 10 and Chrome browser. Here is an example:

WT_HTML.jpg

michael080

Western Thunderer
On some posts I'm seeing what I guess is HTML script, is it just me? I'm using a laptop Dell G5 with Windows 10 and Chrome browser. Here is an example:

I think that's a timeout problem. The server can't deliver all components in time. I saw similar things in the past when I was opening all new threads in individual tabs. That worked, but not at prime time between17:00 and 21:00. You can click on the reload button and everything should show up properly.

Michael

John K

Western Thunderer
For information, men's colour perception (even for those without Daltonism) is almost always worse than women's colour perception.
It explains why there are so many horrendously garish websites set up by men who do not seek female guidance.
Men needing bright and differentiating colours is analogous to people with hearing loss having the TV volume so loud that one can hear it in the adjoining postcode (and claiming that the announcers are all mumbling)
John K

Arun Sharma

Western Thunderer
Having now had both cataracts removed and new plastic lenses inserted into my eyes, I have found that I had been looking at the world through a somewhat yellow cast [not, I should point out, the same as "a jaundiced eye"!] for the past few years. I have had to turn down the brightness on the computer monitor as the pale blue lower case script was post-op almost fading into the background. It could be that this observation could explain some folk's recollection of what 'Big Four' colours were as I certainly wasn't aware that a yellow cast crept up on your vision as you aged.