Fred Phipps Class 22 Build

taliesin

Western Thunderer
Saturday came and the weather was good, I ran her for a total of 45 mins with no drama at all.
Nothing fell off and the new radio control worked perfectly to boot, below is a very short film taken on an i phone,

next stop Reading this coming Saturday, cheers Rob

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Saturday came and the weather was good, I ran her for a total of 45 mins with no drama at all.
Nothing fell off and the new radio control worked perfectly to boot, below is a very short film taken on an i phone,

next stop Reading this coming Saturday, cheers Rob
Hi Rob
Looks like you had a good day out, good to hear D6322 worked with no faults being registered (Laira will be pleased).
Rob you mentioned in your previous entries that you used Brian Hanson's glazing for your North Brit, how did you find using it? I was aware Brian did this as a test piece for Fred, Speaking with Brian at last years Thonbury show he advised that the original set made was slightly to large and need filling back. What was your set like? Did you have to do file back to make fit into the window aperture? Obviously I ask this as I will have to glaze my Class 29 shortly and I was hoping that by using Brian's glazing will save me the time and trouble of having to make my own as I have done for the rest of the Worcester Road fleet.
Cheers
Mr TV

taliesin

Western Thunderer
In all honesty Steve most of the body was already glazed when I took it on although I had to re-glue some of them, I had to make one of the windscreens from scratch which wasn't too bad but I found making the small engine compartment windows a complete bu@@er so that's when I ordered a set from Brian. I have only used the windows that I have mentioned so cannot say how good the others are but even if they do need a bit of filing it's the way to go. Assuming you are not going to do the job in the next couple of months you are welcome to my spares to have a go first, I can bring them to Larkrail, TBH I don't begrudge the price of a stamp if you need them quicker, let me know, cheers Rob