Fruit D in Departmental use

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Phil and all,

just joined this merry band and I promise to adhere to 28ten's rigid set of rules! :thumbs:

As a starter for me, I'm revamping my O Gauge 'shunty' layout and have come up with the idea of an inner urban CCE Depot - see attached plan.

[attachment=0:1uipcr23]Crofton CCE 01.05.10.jpg[/attachment:1uipcr23]

I intend to build a number of vans of various sorts, which brings me round to the point of this posting (at last you all cry) I notice that our friends at JLTRT are bring/have brought out a Fruit D (diagram not stated) and browsing Paul Bartlett's wonderful site this morning, I came across some very good Departmental examples. the question is, does anybody have any details of the wording etc that was applied to the side of these vans?

Hopefully, future questions will be shorter, get to the point qicker and be easier to answer.

regards

Mike :)

Attachments

• Crofton CCE 01.05.10.jpg
    Crofton CCE 01.05.10.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Crofton CCE 01.05.10.jpg
    Crofton CCE 01.05.10.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 60

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Phil,

sorry, it's an abreviated version of Crofton Park, South East side of London - not all that far from Hither Green.

Hope that the weather is being kind to you and you are able to get out and run the layout.

regards

Mike

28ten

Guv'nor
Hi Mike :wave:
Im not sure of the lettering, I will see if i can dig anything out. If you dont fancy resin there is always the WEP kit of a Fruit D to consider as well.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Guv,

nice to be on board.

Yes, and having had a close look at the WEP models at Telford, I might go that route. Having built a couple of JLTRT GUVs and a Class 40 and suffering from the solvent vapours, I might be persuaded to keep on the brass.

regards

Mike

28ten

Guv'nor
Ressaldar said:
Hi Guv,

nice to be on board.

Yes, and having had a close look at the WEP models at Telford, I might go that route. Having built a couple of JLTRT GUVs and a Class 40 and suffering from the solvent vapours, I might be persuaded to keep on the brass.

regards

Mike
As I have mentioned elsewhere I have a love hate relationship with the JLTRT wagons love the body, hate the underframe :headbang:
The WEP body lacks the relief on the strapping, its a half etch in the bodyside, but I prefer the underframe, you can see what I mean here.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Guv,

many thanks for that insight I think that I might try one of each and see what comes out.

regards

Mike