Glass negatives

jamiepage

Western Thunderer
The following have just been printed from a small cache of glass negatives recently purchased on ebay. Don't know whether they have been published or not.
These two have a western flavour so they may be of some interest. The 4-4-2 is numbered 180 and named so dated 1907-13, I believe.
I know nothing about the tank engine photo. but adverts in the background have Swansea addresses.
IMG_0001.JPGIMG_0002.JPG

jamiepage

Western Thunderer
Adrian,
I'm so sorry, I think they are too large but don't have a clue how to reduce their size now. Could you cut them down to size, do you think?
Thank you,
Jamie

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I shall be very interested in information about the Atlantic - I think that something has happened to the boiler cleading sheets, where the firebox meets the vertical portion of the throatplate, seems as if the cleading band has slipped.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
I thought for a moment the tank loco might be a rebuild of a Sharp Stewart Cornwall Minerals Railway side tank (the GWR turned some into saddle tanks) - the chimney and dome are identical - but there are too many subtle differences.

jamiepage

Western Thunderer
That's the welsh photo pinned down, thank you. It makes sense of the individuals visible above the cab as well.
The firebox cleading on 180 does indeed seem to have worked loose.
The other photos showed LNWR no. 1931 or 1951, a very muddy front view of MR Single 181, and a view of an approaching train headed by a MR 2IMG_0001.JPG -4-0 and a Single.