Magazine Gog Gazette

Discussion in 'Resources' started by 28ten, 4 August 2010.

1. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

Arrived this morning and my three year old is reading it and he wont let me have it :lol: :headbang:

2. Rob Pulham

Rob Pulham Western Thunderer

GOG Gazette August

The wife is reading mine, shouting out all the goodies that are in it :eek: .

3. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

GOG Gazette August

After seeing the cover the wife has just said 'why dont you build something in the garden?' :shock: :shock:

4. Phill Dyson

Phill Dyson Western Thunderer

GOG Gazette August

Still waiting for mine :(

5. Phill Dyson

GOG Gazette August

Correction, it came this afternoon :D , youngest sons birthday party now though now so will have a look later :thumbs:

6. Phill Dyson

GOG Gazette August

Sounds like an opportunity that shouldn't be passed up to me ;) ;) ;)

7. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

GOG Gazette August

Sounds like an opportunity that shouldn't be passed up to me ;) ;) ;)[/quote:qds0zfn4]
    Sounds like hard work to me :laugh: I need to concentrate on other projects ATM as anyone who has seen the house will tell you.....

8. Ressaldar

Ressaldar Western Thunderer

GOG Gazette August

Mine arrived today and I just had a quick look before dinner - looks like a good one again.

regards

Mike

9. Jordan

Jordan Mid-Western Thunderer

GOG Gazette August

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Purple-haze

Purple-haze Western Thunderer

GOG Gazette August

Mine arrived today. Looks good so far :D Just wondering how many members will be upset about the article on the SG schools :lol: :lol:

Regards

Rog

11. adrian

adrian Flying Squad

GOG Gazette August

Never mind that wait till Martin Wynne finds out that one of his Templot diagrams has been credited as produced by Trax! (p36 top left.)
    Adrian

12. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

GOG Gazette August

Never mind that wait till Martin Wynne finds out that one of his Templot diagrams has been credited as produced by Trax! (p36 top left.)
    Adrian[/quote:wi115ihv]
    Yeah I wondered about that :laugh: looks like an Interesting piece on tracklaying though. The lionheart 16 tonners look the part in their ad

13. adrian

adrian Flying Squad

GOG Gazette August

My favourite is the Coronation "City of Hereford" on the front of the Guild News. How many will look at that and think that's a nice loco without realizing it's a 4 cylinder live steam loco. Most impressive!
    Adrian

14. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

GOG Gazette August

I thought the review of the JLTRT wagon was a bit uncritical, yes, its a nice kit but W/M for the axle guards?? come on, this is the 21st century not 1960!

15. Dikitriki

Dikitriki Flying Squad

GOG Gazette August

Yes, I must admit I thought it's a good job I wasn't reviewing the Presflos :headbang: They don't even have the Morton clutch on one side :headbang:

However, an excellent publication with more than usual to grab my interest. I particularly liked the Patriots (but then I would, wouldn't I) and the lovely water tower.

Pete Ager's garden layout looks fine (He's local to me and I have been a few times) but it's the garden that is of interest. The railway is just a loop to show trains in the garden, and has no operational interest, as he admits. Incidentally, the castle on the front cover was built by one of the Heyside GWR contingent.

Richard

16. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

GOG Gazette August

I enjoyed the Patriots article as well, I remember an article Geoff wrote years ago in Modellers backtrack on building a Scot (I will have to see if it is still kicking about :scratch: )
    I havent looked at my presflo that closely yet.....

17. Dikitriki

Dikitriki Flying Squad

GOG Gazette August

Hi

Yellow Book p582, No.7

Richard

18. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

GOG gazette November

Arrived this morning, something to have a look at later!

19. Phill Dyson

GOG gazette November

Me too

20. makhis

makhis Western Thunderer

GOG gazette November

Snap!