Gresley Bogies

Susie

Western Thunderer
Dear All,

I have started to build some coaches in 7mm scale for a local Scale7 group to run on Love Lane. The coaches are for a BR(E) Quintruple articulated set, and as such the bogies are rather prominent and not all hidden underneath the body.

post-3717-127887331073_thumb.jpg

Can any of you suggest a source of Gresley 8'6" Heavy Duty bogies, in 7mm, which have the double bolster detail and body supports that are normally not on show? I am aware of the GOG products list, but not all of the manufacturers listed as making bogies do actually produce them, and thse that do, don't have any photos of their products!

Alternatively, has anyone got a copy of the GA that I could use to make some patterns and get them cast?

Many thanks,

Susie

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Peter Dobson (Newbold Models as was) did offer the Gresley 8'6" heavy bogie as an etch with whitemetal castings... useful for those who want an appropriate bogie for a JLTRT D167.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
At Telford last year (or was it the year before….) Mr. loveless showed me some quite exquisite made-up bogies for his Quad-art. sets, and ventured the notion that he might make them available separately.

Unless budgetary control is paramount, then if you are not desperate to make them yourself this might be another possible source?

djparkins

Western Thunderer
Can any of you suggest a source of Gresley 8'6" Heavy Duty bogies, in 7mm, which have the double bolster detail and body supports that are normally not on show? I am aware of the GOG products list, but not all of the manufacturers listed as making bogies do actually produce them, and thse that do, don't have any photos of their products!

Kemilway Bogies are excellent -

http://www.kemilway.com/kemilway.html

and you can see/download the instructions from here

http://www.kemilway.com/kemilway-manual.html

Regards,

DJP/MMP

Susie

Western Thunderer
I've heard those Bushell Sprung bogies are pretty good! ;)

JB.

Mmmmm, from what I know of them, I think they are pretty good! ;) John B brought one along to Love Lane last week to show me. Do you think that they could be built up round the pivot to represent the fabrication that supports the coach bodies? They ran beautifully but I wasn't convinced by Ian Kirks side mouldings, that's all.

I have an idea that John placed an order anyway...

Susie

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
There are a few photos of both Newbould and Kemilway bogies during construction on my thread HERE albeit they are Fox bogies not gresleys but they assemble in a similar manner I believe.

mth

Western Thunderer
With a bit of kit bashing, you could try Easy Build.

They list a 8ft 6in LNER bogie, but i don't know whuch type it is.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
What about Sidelines? They tend to be well detailed (including internal framing, brake gear etc.) and are compensated. They list 8'6" light and heavy as well as an 8' version. I'd suggest they're worth a look...

Steph