Grotty Box Brownie Shots 1963 -65

Osgood

Western Thunderer
... This is Priestfield Junction ....another shot that can't be improved from grotty.
I could well imagine the photographer having a late night in the nearby pub and arriving back at the station only to miss the last train home - this is how he would have seen the view as he was rudely woken on the bench by the first morning train and grabbed a quick snap.

RonnieS

I could well imagine the photographer having a late night in the nearby pub and arriving back at the station only to miss the last train home - this is how he would have seen the view as he was rudely woken on the bench by the first morning train and grabbed a quick snap.
I hadn't had my first pint at 14 ( when the pic was taken) but at 15 I had!

RonnieS

In January 1963, both Stafford Road and Oxley came under the control of London Midland Region, who choose to close the dilapidated Stafford Road with immediate effect. All locomotives and servicing hence moved to Oxley , which now gained code 2B. This introduced a variety of exLMS types to the former GW lines.

RonnieS

Back to Bilston. Still plenty of exGW types rubbing shoulders with the LM interlopers.
1726221685557.jpeg
I had a go editing this but it's still a bit soot and whitewash.

RonnieS

Although I haven't pix of the panniers, I recall one had chalked on "2B or not 2B" and another "Fireball XL5"
around this time on"33 Bank". These were on the "bank" trains (or pick up goods)1726222352755.jpeg