7mm GWR Dia 04 Siphon

Willy

Western Thunderer
Can someone post a good photo of GWR Dia. 04 Siphon in ‘Shirtbutton’ livery please, or give me a good description where the lettering and numbers, etc. go. I can only find photos of Siphons in the early ‘GW’ or where it is not possible to identify the livery.

Thank you.

Willy

Willy

Western Thunderer
Simon,

Thank you for that.

Interestingly I have also received a photo from a friend and it shows the ‘GWR’ where the ‘G’ went in the old livery, i.e. between the left doors and centre doors. The number goes where the ‘W’ was and the load and tare went on the bottom planks on the extreme left and right respectively.

I will post a photo when I finish it.

Willy

Willy

Western Thunderer
I have several good photos now but I cannot make out the tare weight in any of them.

Can someone please help.

Thank you.

Willy

Willy

Western Thunderer
Hi Bill
Would this be the Slater's one you purchased from me?

They were 10t and the Tare was 10.17 this if the HMRS Siphon Book.

Dave

Hello Dave

Yes it is, I managed to get it finished apart from a few more bits that I need from Slater’s.

I had all the lettering details except for the tare weight so thanks for that. However, I don’t know where I am going to fit 4 digits with a dot between because the ‘Tare’ takes up at least half the space on the plank! Mind you the transfers I am using are very old. I bought them from “Home of Gauge O”!

All the best

simond

Western Thunderer
It's sometimes really difficult to fit some of the lettering in...

(Oh, Willy, sorry for the misname, ruddy smellchequer!)

Best
Simon

Willy

Western Thunderer
What amazes me is that these old transfers are still as good as new after all these years. I can’t even begin to think when I last bought anything from HofGO. It was certainly pre-internet days.

No problem Steve, I wondered perhaps if you thought I needed to loose a few inches!

Willy

Ian G

Western Thunderer
I have one of these kits, I only need the chassis and some bits from the 4D model shop to produce 1 of only 2 wagons converted.

Ian G

Willy

Western Thunderer
I have one of these kits, I only need the chassis and some bits from the 4D model shop to produce 1 of only 2 wagons converted.

Ian G

Tell us more please Ian. What conversion is this? I don’t know a lot about these vehicles as you can tell.

simond

Western Thunderer
I heard a story about a guy who unfortunately drowned in a varnish tank. Dreadful ending, but he had a lovely finish....

Coat, hat...
Simon

Simon

Flying Squad
Oh I remember Matt, always on the carpet for one thing or another...

I can't believe I just further diluted a sensible thread, sorry:oops:

another Simon